7 /| traffic

s e v e n

*•.*

"HYDRA DOESN'T LIKE LEAKS," Sitwell muttered from behind the drivers seat. Geneva shot him a look of aggravation before returning her eyes to her stitches. The skin was oddly puckered, yet she felt only a little pain. Steve was probably right about needing to see a doctor soon. She pulled down her bandages with a sigh.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it," Sam suggested to Sitwell, looking into the rear view mirror.

Nat moved forward a bit. "Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here."

Steve's eyes fleetingly met Geneva's as she awaited an response too. "I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly."

Sitwell's mouth flew agape. "What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea."

There was a sudden thump on the roof of the car. A hand broke through the glass of the window, effortlessly throwing Sitwell into traffic. His screams were halted by an on. Geneva's eyes widened as an armed metal hand darted from her sight.

It couldn't be.

She barely registered the bullets coming through the roof as she scooted over, pushing Natasha into the front seat and into Steve's lap. She moved quickly, sitting on the center console. Adrenaline rushed through her veins, and for the first time in years she was afraid for her life but she could hardly feel this fear. She couldn't think about anything other than a means to right this situation.

Natasha immediately and painfully forced Gen's head forward, helping her dodge a bullet. The dark haired woman pushed Sam as Steve put the car in park, their assailant flying off of the roof.

Geneva's assumptions were confirmed.

There, a mere meters in front of them, stood the infamous Winter Soldier. Simultaneously, Geneva and Natasha pulled out their guns, aiming at the ghost of a man. Gen knew that their efforts would most likely be futile, but she shot anyway. The glass of the windshield shattered.

Her grip on her gun didn't loosen, not even when they were hit from behind. She did, however, almost fly through the windshield. The only thing stopping her from doing so was Steve's vice like grip on her shoulder.

Someone was purposely pushing them toward the assassin. In no time he jumped onto the roof, his metal hand pulling out the steering wheel.

"Shit," Sam shouted his eyes fear stricken as they met Gen's. Geneva lowered her head, pointing her gun upwards and shooting blindly. They were hit again, but this time the car couldn't be controlled.

They were going to flip.

"Hang on," Steve yelled over the ruckus, pulling Natasha and Geneva toward him. Gen, in turn, grabbed Sam, her grip tight enough to at least get him out. Steve broke open the door, just as the car went airborne. The four of them fell, using the door as a buffer. Sam was forced to roll off of the piece of metal since there was hardly any room for him. Geneva barely held on as Steve's arm wrapped around her waist.

When they finally came to a halt, Gen wasted no time getting to her feet, Natasha and Steve following. She noticed how he stood slightly in front of her and Nat, and began to protest, but the two women were pushed aside as the Winter Soldier launched a grenade in their direction. Steve was thrown off of the bridge.

Geneva was in attack mode now, and there was no room for worry. She ducked behind a car as gun shots erupted around them. She took a peak at the shooters. They were steadily drawing closer. She took aim at one of the men, expertly shooting him in the shoulder, the one area where he wasn't protected.