3 /| elevators

t h r e e

*•.*

GENEVA WATCHED STEVE AS HE FACED the glass. "Operations control," he told the elevator, but before it started moving, Rumlow and two other agents entered. Steve immediately turned around at the sound of new voices, and Geneva moved to stand directly beside him, her shoulder touching his arm.

The two stood silently as the three men spoke amongst themselves. "Cap, Blake," Rumlow said in acknowledgement.

"Rumlow," Steve nodded. Geneva ignored the man completely, staring straight ahead. The dark haired man did not seemed phased however.

"Evidence Response found some fibres on the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the tac-team ready?" Rumlow questioned, as if trying to make conversation. Geneva narrowed her eyes slightly, her agitation growing. She wanted to be out of this building already.

"No, lets wait and see what it is first," Steve answered, though not sounding too optimistic.

"Right."

The elevator came to a halt, much to Geneva's dismay, and, albeit suspiciously, more agents got in.  She and Steve moved to the center of the elevator. The tension was palpable and the man next to her was overly sweaty for this air conditioned building. Gross, she thought.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Fury. Messed up, what happened to him," Rumlow said suddenly. She was good at reading people, she had to be. She was also good at reading situations, and something was not right.

Steve was silent then spoke. "Thank you."

When the elevator stopped again, Geneva was sure that something wasn't right. More agents entered, surrounding the two Avengers, and Gen finally saw this for what it was: an ambush.

She sighed. "Expect to see my letter of resignation soon." Her voice carried an air of nonchalance, but her nerves were already bad enough, and she hadn't gotten any sleep for at least two days. Not that she did much of it anyway. She could see Cap look around the elevator as he realized what she had moments before. His eyes landed on her giving her all the confirmation she needed. They were gonna fight.

Another second passed. "Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" There was a moment of silence, before a greasy haired agent turned and shocked Steve. One of the men grabbed Gen from behind and slammed her against the door of the non moving elevator. She saw that the majority were trying to pin Steve to the wall opposite her using magnetic cuffs. Geneva kicked the man in his lower regions, eliciting a loud groan from him. She slammed her fist into his temple, knocking him out.

Instantly, another was on her, painfully forcing her hands behind her back, in the corner of her eye, she could see that Steve was stuck to the wall. Geneva forced her head back, butting hers with the man restraining her. A wave of dizziness made her pause but she swiftly turned around, forcing him onto the ground and kneeing him in his nose.

Many of the men were on the ground, but seconds from getting back up to have another go at it. She moved to stop Rumlow from using that shocking stick thing (that she couldn't seem to remember the proper name of) on Steve but one of them grabbed her, and another moved to punch her. She blocked the hit and hit him multiple times in return. The man that grabbed her slammed her into the floor, causing her to groan. She didn't get back up as she watched Steve knock the man unconscious before she could.

Now all there was left was Rumlow.

"Whoa, big guy. I just want you to know, Cap, this ain't personal," he said lunging at him. He wrongly assumed that those stick things would still work on Steve.