16 /| his wingman and a killer bot

s i x t e e n

*•.*

"I WAS ENJOYING YOUR COMPANY UNTIL THIS EXACT SECOND," Geneva muttered over her drink.

"Why? What did I do," Sam asked, his shoulders shaking with laughter. It was clear that he knew what he did.

Geneva simply gave him a look. "Tell me about our ghost."

"Our ghost is a ghost," he said simply, sipping his drink. "Tell me about you and Steve."

Geneva scoffed. "What are you? His wingman?" She paused. "Actually, don't answer that."

Sam smiled. "So not good?"

Geneva downed her drink, barely noticing the burn in her throat. "Define good." Gen caught a glimpse of Steve over Sam's shoulder. "He's coming this way. See you later." She patted his shoulder, quickly turning around and attempting to blend into the crowd, but that was impossible when everyone insisted on bringing attention to her. Not that she was ungrateful for the kindness, she just wanted to get another drink.

Her black satin dress clung to her body all the way down to right below her knees. It wasn't the most movable dress but it was a nice one. She moved to the bar, taking one of the drinks the bartender placed before her. "Switzerland, you look amazing."

She pursed her lips, not looking away from her drink. "How do you think the people here would feel if they knew we were keeping a hostage upstairs?"

Tony leaned onto the bar. "You ever stop thinking about work?"

"Only when I'm asleep Stark." She took a sip of her fruity drink. It's not like she had anything else to do anyway. Work was work and she literally lived there.

"Feels like I haven't seen you since Sokovia," Tony said changing the subject.

She looked at him. "That's 'cause you haven't." Geneva frowned. "What were you and Bruce doing holed up in that lab for so long anyway? And with the scepter?"

"We were doing a number of things actually—"

"Ah, never mind don't tell me," she interrupted him, changing her mind. The less she knew, the better. "I don't want to know. As long as I don't die, it doesn't matter."

"Dying," Tony chuckled, gulping down his drink. "Who said anything about dying?"

Geneva downed her drink too as Tony walked away. She turned to the bartender. "I'll have what he's having," she told him, pointing in Tony's direction. The man nodded, pouring her a cup of clear liquid.

She quickly drank, making the first of many bad decisions that would be made that night. After a while she decided to look for Natasha. The bartender was close to cutting her off anyway. "Natasha," Geneva called, having finally made her way across the room. Nat tilted her head from where she sat near the bar.

"How many of these did you have?" The redhead questioned, trying to snatch Geneva's drink out her hand, but even in her tipsy state her reflexes didn't fail her.

Gen smirked, her expression filled with mischief, holding her glass out of reach. "Just a few."

Natasha pulled her aside, and away from the noise and eyes of their guests. This time, Gen was caught off guard, almost dropping her glass. "Are you drunk?" Natasha asked quietly.

"Not at all," Geneva replied, beginning to laugh. Everything was suddenly so much funnier. "I just drank a little too much." She held her forefinger and thumb close together, laughing again.