Newbies Getting to Know Each Other

In the locker room, the Newbies had taken their seats by their bags. Meanwhile, in the other locker room stood the Ducks who fooled around and laughed, not really getting out of their gear. Garrett plopped down on the bench next to his sister and rubbed his face after taking his helmet. She cocked a brow at him, but shrugged it off and continued pulling the straps of her shoulder pads off. Seeing the sweat marks through her long sleeve, she pulled it off and brought her crop top back on, which clearly showed her stomach. It stopped just above her belly button, nothing more.

Elliott and Garrett work out quite a bit together, whether they run, jog, or walk at night, they worked out. She had a small formation of a pack coming along, but her brother's wasn't far along either. Only being thirteen, they were quite the energetic kids to be with.

Julie sighed, disliking her position as backup, when clearly she was better than Goldberg. The twins had to agree, but couldn't do anything about it. Everyone continued getting dressed and once the twins finished, Elliott finishing early since her brother wouldn't stop talking with the boys. Julie had already left with Ken, the rest talked and laughed.

"Come on, Garrett, let's go." Elliott sighed, wanting to leave. She grabbed her brother's arm and pulled him along as he grabbed his bag and saluted the others as they left. The two walked down the hall, seeing some of the Ducks walking out as well. Hanging off one another, laughing and goofing around, Garrett simply watched them.

Leaving the arena with their bags, the twins gazed around the different buildings on the streets as they walked the opposing way of the Ducks. Some got picked up by their parents and others continued walking down the street. "Why can't I remember this town by something other than him?" Garrett asked. "I mean, come on! Now he's our Coach! How much worse can this be?"

Elliott looked up at her brother. "I didn't know that he was supposed to be our Coach, it's actually really surprising."

"Why?" Garrett spat. "Because he's somehow diverted from work to this? Does he even have a change other than this?"

"Garrett!" Elliott called out, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk. "I don't know! Ask him why don't ya!"

She walked by him and continued down the sidewalk, having strangers look at the two. Garrett smiled a cocky grin to passing people and then ran over to his sister. Stopping by her as she crossed the street where the Hotel was only forty feet ahead or so, he sighed. "Come on, don't give me that look!"

"What look?"

"The one where you're mad at me until I let you win and I apologize for my terrible behavior towards my baby sister." He sucked up to her, quivering his lip and making a pouty face. She busted into a smile and nudge his shoulder, he came back side hugging her and setting his head on hers briefly.

Letting her go, he allowed her to walk inside first. Passing the front desk, they walked over to the elevator. Pushing the button, Ellie leaned against the side and pondered. "What would mom say?"

"What?" Garrett asked, lowering his head from staring at the ceiling as he gave his sister a questioning look.

"Mom. What do you think she'd say about this? Jinx? Did we only make it on the team out of pity or are we actually good?" She asked him.

He shrugged, exiting the elevator. She followed behind him as he thought about. Reaching their room, he unlocked the door and allowed her to walk in first, again. She thanked him and held the door open from the inside so he could walk in with his bag. Letting the door go, both of them had dropped their bags on the ground.

Garrett plopped on his bed as Elliott opened the top of her suitcase, searching for some fresh clothes to wear. "Hey," He started and rolled over. "I think we're here because we're good." He answered.

She smiled and stood up. "Makes sense, I guess...Well, I'm having a shower so if you need the bathroom, go downstairs."

Her brother nodded and pulled out the remote from the drawer. Sitting on top of his fresh sheets, that the maids had made his bed, he turned the TV on to the sports channel. Sighing from peace, he got comfortable as his sister took a shower.

Later that night after dinner, the new recruits had managed to gather together. Hearing Garrett's yell from dying in his game, Luis and Ken had walked to the door to see who it was. Seeing it was Garrett, they anonymously decided on getting together to get to know one another by playing a small game.

Sitting downstairs in the lobby, Elliott decided to share her blanket with Luis and Julie, as Garrett, Ken, and Dwayne sat on the couch across from them. Portman decided to come in a little while after he finished talking to someone on the phone and packing his bags for tomorrow afternoon's flight.

"Dwayne, do you have horses?" Luis asked. A city boy and a country boy, not many times you see those two together in a room.

Dwayne nodded. "Yeah, and pigs and cows and chickens. Oh, and a dog," Everyone nodded, already liking his animals. Dwayne pondered now, knowing it was his turn to ask someone a question. "I don't really got a question for one of y'all, so it's for all of y'all. Who's the oldest between us?"

Luis shrugged. "I wanna say Portman, but maybe not."

"He might just look older." Garrett replied.

"Yeah, like how some look younger." Elliott added to her brother's statement.

"I'm thirteen." Julie spoke.

Ken nodded. "Me too."

"Going to be fourteen." Dwayne spoke.

"Thirteen and a half." Luis smiled.

The twins nodded. "Thirteen and like one quarter if you want to round it up." Garrett gave their exact birth date age. Elliott rolled her eyes how serious he was about this question. So, that made Dwayne the eldest, then Luis, and the rest of them seemed to jumble up together at the one age after them.

Julie sat up in her seat, bringing her feet up as she crossed them. "All right, Elliott, have you ever been out on a date."

Elliott shook her head. "Not with like a guy, but with Garrett I have." She answered.

"With Garrett?" Ken questioned, thinking this was quite odd now.

Rhett nodded with a smile. "Yeah, we go to the movies all the time together."

"Oh." The rest said, no longer being confused now.

Luis rubbed his hands together now, waiting for the next candidate. "Hmm?" Ellie pondered. "Ken, how long have you done figure skating for?"

He smiled. "Just about my entire life." He answered. "Garrett, if you could live with five things for the rest of your life what would it be?"

Garrett took his time to think about this. He knew he only had five things that he could have. "Do food and water automatically count as two, or do I already get them?"

Ken nodded. "Already get them."

Garrett hit his lip. "All right, um, first is Elliott, can't live without her."

"Aw!" Julie squealed, causing Garrett to blush from her words.

Luis, Dwayne, and Ken started lightly laughing, hiding their faces so Garrett didn't see them. Eventually, Ellie started laughing as well, not at what he said, but how Julie thought it was so cute how he called Elliott was first, and not some girl or video game, or even hockey.

After recomposing, Garrett continued. "Second, hockey. Third, my video games. Fourth, my bed. Fifth, friends."

"I like how friends were fifth and not like second or third." Luis laughed.

Elliott sunk in her seat on the couch, pulling the blanket over her a little more. Luis and Julie were also under the blanket, but didn't bring it up to their chest, they left it on their laps.

After playing, most of them were falling asleep while Garrett was wide awake since he had only woken up at noon. Everyone parted ways and headed to their rooms. Portman and Dwayne shared. Luis and Ken shared, while Julie got a room to herself. The hotel was quite nice and they were all lucky to be on the same floor and across the hall from one another.

The long night came to an end and Garrett lied awake in his bed from not being tired while Elliott was passed out in her bed.