Missing Caldwell

Rushing upstairs, she ran inside her room and shut the door. Leaning against the door, breathing heavily, she caught her breath as Julie and Connie stood in the middle of the room with odd faces. "What are you doing?" Julie asked.

She shrugged. "Oh, you know? Getting in a work out up the stairs to keep me awake." She lied, not needing anyone else to question her. She knew class was going to start soon, but she had to go see someone and quickly. "Where's Bombay?"

"What do you mean 'where's Bombay'?" Connie asked, buttoning up her floral long sleeve that matched her black jeans and shoes.Ellie looked at the ground and then headed to her bed, getting dressed in better clothes. Grabbing some jeans, since she was still cold, she pulled on her Team USA long sleeve shirt and then grasped her Letterman jacket, pulling it on over top of her shoulders. 

Pulling her hair out, she explained to the girls she'd be late to class as they left out the door to grab something with their books. Sighing, she pulled some books into her backpack and pulled on her Adidas shoes, tying them up, she brought her glasses to her face as she glanced down at something. 

Garrett had taken the files from Bombay's office that were on the Caldwell twins, he wanted to know what they were about and told his sister to keep them in her room in case any of the boys found it in his room of six, rather than three. Running out the door, the door shut slowly behind her as she read the files carefully. Heading down the hall to the far end, by the exit where no one would see her, she managed to run into someone. 

Taking the files, she brought them behind her, shoving them between her back and the backpack. "Elliott?" Garrett questioned. 

She sighed a sigh of relief. "Gosh, it's just you."

"Gee, thanks." He said. "Way to make me feel important."

"You are and you know you're the most important thing in the world." She told him with a smile, but couldn't tell him where she was going. Her brother wouldn't allow her to do what she's doing, he'd never allow her to do it ever, not with everything going on right now. 

"I'll see you at class in fifteen then."

She nodded. "Yeah, see you then." She continued to smile as he walked by her. She ran to the exit and walked down the stairs, taking the files out from behind her back. She didn't know how Bombay would react when she came to his office, they've got practice later today, but she was going to stay after practice to speak with him. 

Right now, she was going to go sit outside and look at the files more closely, she can't during class and she needs to read them before the practice, which she had no time. 

At the class, Miss MacKay gazed at the door at each student that walked in as she checked their name off on the sheet, making she had fifteen of them. Before even entering the class, Jesse had ran into the door, which had caused Goldberg to almost run into him. Miss MacKay sighed, seeing how tired they were as they shuffled in slowly and took their seats. 

After everyone was seated, she narrowed her eyes on the desk behind Garrett, that sat empty. Walking in front of the class in a long skirt, which was up to her belly button with her white shirt tucked in, she wore a light sweater around her shoulders and glanced at the students. "Can anyone tell me where Elliot is?" She asked.

They all turned, looking at her empty seat and realized she wasn't there. Connie looked over at Julie, who shrugged and sunk in her seat. "Connie. Julie." Miss MacKay spoke, noticing their exchanged glances. 

"Do either of you know where she is?"The two shook their heads. 

"No, Miss MacKay." Connie answered.

Luis was asleep on his desk next to Connie. "Sorry, Miss MacKay, but we haven't seen her today." Julie added.

The girls had indeed seen their friend, but didn't know where she went and neither of them wanted to admit that she'd be a little late. If Ellie was going to show up to class soon, then they were all right with. "All right then," She spoke, pacing to the other side of the class. "Luis, please stay awake." She spoke.

When she noticed most of the students asleep or half asleep with bobbing heads, she sighed and set her papers down on her desk. Setting her hands flat on the desk, she shook her head. Coach Bombay must've worked them hard enough that they're no one student who's fully awake. That there's not one sound of laughter from a ridiculous joke that had been told.She picked up her ruler, hitting her desk, waking most of the students up.

 "All right, head back to the dorms and get some rest. Practice is cancelled." She spoke up. The students who were heavy sleepers and didn't wake up were woken up by their teammates who were awake. Miss MacKay leaned against the chalkboard, watching the tired kids walk out of the room one after the other. "Poor children." She spoke and walked out after them, going to find Bombay and look at the locker room.

Outside, Ellie shook her head as she read her files. A head shot of her face was there, along with a few different photos of her playing hockey or in uniform posing for pictures. A tape had fallen out of the files, but she didn't have her Walkman with her in order to listen to the tape of her. She was flabbergasted about all the information she found in there.

Name: Elliott Jade Caldwell 

Age: Thirteen and a half
Height: 5'5
Parents: Jacklyn Caldwell and Gordon Bombay
Email:**********@ *******.com
Phone:***-***-***
Town: Boulder City, Nevada
School: Break Hills Middle School
Hockey Positions: Left wing, center, and left defense
Annual Average Record: 160
Current team: Roaring Tigers

Elliott is a very engaged player. She's willing to work with anyone while she's on the ice. She's able to work with or without her brother, Garrett. Elliott's got incredible speed and an amazing wrist shot. She's never missed a practice and being so close to the Captain has allowed her to be a strong asset as she learns something new everyday. She picks up on the plays and new techniques very quickly. 

Coach's opinion: Great candidate and potential player. Great skills and powerful plays!

Ellie glanced at her tape, flipping it side to side. 'Audition tape-JGG'. She flipped through the next file and pulled out her brother's.

Name: Garrett Keith Caldwell

Age: Thirteen and a half
Height: 5'6 and a half
Parents: Jacklyn Caldwell and Gordon Bombay
Email:**********@ *******.com
Phone:***-***-***
Town: Boulder City, Nevada
School: Break Hills Middle School
Hockey Positions: Right wing, center, and right defense
Annual Average Record: 165
Current team: Roaring Tigers

Garrett is an exceptional player. He's never let the team down as Captain. He's always made tough decisions and he's sat out a few games in order for a few teammates to play. Garrett has missed one practice while be on our team. He's devoted to his team. He knows what he's capable of. Garrett's got an exceptional power shot and some mad speed, with his elite skills. He always passes the puck, he's not a hogger and he's quite selfless, always putting the others before himself.

Coach's opinion: Phenomenal! Looking forward to possibly seeing him. Amazing player.

Elliott shut the file and leaned back against the bench. She was surprised what the files had said, she didn't know Bombay thought about that. She was indeed going to talk to him, not so much about coach to player, but she wants to try father to daughter. After all, they'll be living together after the Games.