To LA We Go!

The next day, it was just before noon and the players at the hotel were packing up to leave for the airport while the Ducks were getting there on their own. Garrett wasn't as tired as before, but he was determined to fall asleep on the plane on his sister's shoulder, if she'd allow him. They were planning on sitting together, that way they could do what ever without bothering the other. Knowing what annoys the other, they could sit there in peace and do what ever. Garrett could sleep on Elliott's shoulder while she watched TV or read a book.

Downstairs in the lobby, most of the kids were there while Garrett was upstairs talking to Luis as they made their way to the elevators with their bags. Elliott sat on top of her suitcase, freezing, when it wasn't even cold out and everyone was wearing shorts and a shirt, or hoodie. Julie wore black leggings and a hoodie, but Elliott wore grey sweat pants, a tank top, and her jacket from her hockey team back home.

"You know we're not that far up north, right?" Portman told her.

"I know, but I'm from the west coast, not the east coast." Elliott replied, crossing her arms.

"What's the difference?" Luis asked. "Who's further south?"

"I am, Chicago is a little more north than us."

Finally, the others had managed to get downstairs. They all walked outside as a group with Mr. Tibbles, who happened to be standing outside next to a big white van. The van had room for about fourteen people, so, almost the entire hockey team. After throwing their bags in, they all got into the van and sat where ever. Elliott sat next to Julie and they spoke, meanwhile her brother laughed and goofed off with the other boys.

At the airport, the Ducks were waiting security. They didn't go through yet, but needed to wait for the new recruits to put their bags on the conveyors, grab their tickets, and come over to security with them. The Ducks stared at the new recruits with curiosity, most of them pondered over why the Caldwell twins both had boy names, but one was a girl and the other was a boy.

"Maybe Elliott is short for something?" Averman questioned.

"Like what?" Jesse retorted, hitting Averman's shoulder. "Nothing is short for Elliott."

Guy laughed at Averman's ridiculousness. Connie rolled her eyes. "I'm so happy I'm not the only girl." She sighed.

"Oh come on," Charlie started. "We're just as good as girls."

Adam laughed lightly, shaking his head. Only some of the boys were as good as the girls, and Adam could on figure out a few names who'd suit that.

The rest of the recruits finished what they were doing and followed Mr. Tibbles over to Bombay and the Ducks. It was no longer the Ducks, but Team USA. Under the same name now, they were all a whole, they were all friends, and all one big family. Even if Garrett didn't want to be in a family with Coach Bombay, he kept that to himself.

"All right, let's go." Coach Bombay called, shuffling the children over to security. Having them split in two lines to make if faster, they went through with a heart beat. Elliott stood with her hip out, waiting impatiently for the boy in front of her to go through. He had super curly longer brown hair that sat on the top of his head while the sides were shaved. She thought hard on the boy's name, and came up with Hall, not knowing his first name since there wasn't an introduction to names. If someone said the name, you needed to catch the name and which face it belonged to.

Being able to go through, Garrett was already on the other side talking to Luis, Ken, and Dwayne. Portman scoffed at something the tall broad shouldered boy said. Elliott yawned, walking over to see Julie, who stood next to Connie. She stood there gazing around, unsure of what to do or say. Connie was explaining the few gimmicks of this team, well the other half that was the Ducks.