Two Posts and Crossbar

In the boys' dorm, Adam had explained where he was previously and had accidentally let out that he was talking with Elliott. Garrett looked over quickly, knitting his brows in a furious state, be cautious of his sister and the people she's with. Even if Banks wouldn't ever do anything to her, Garrett still takes precautions.

Adam was leaning against the post of his bunk bed with Jesse below, who sat up against his headboard, doodling in some magazine. Outside the dorm room, you could hear yelling in a different language, indicating another group of kids were on the floor either heading to their rooms or leaving.

"Dude, why didn't you say 'yes'?" Guy asked, and then noticed Garrett. "Sorry." He spoke lastly, and lied back against the wall, sitting on his bed still.

Averman laughed, seated on the small couch that was in their room by the TV, which was playing The Goonies. Averman hadn't looked away yet, claiming he and Andy were meant to be, whereas Jesse made fun of him and said Brand, the boy who looked more like a teenager, had already won her heart. Averman was now in the losing column with Troy.

"Getting a date by Ellie is the hardest thing to get." Garrett told the boys smoothly, lying on his stomach with his feet in the air as he kicked them back and forth. He didn't even look at the boys as he focused on the piece of dust on his finger that he kept mistaking for the small hairs on his finger, that were barely visible, yet still graspable.

"How?" Jesse asked, looking up at the boy across the room..

"Once she asks you, she doesn't ask you a second time and she doesn't say 'yes' when u ask her. You never reject her, ever. And the first time you ask her, she plays extremely hard to get. You gotta please her real nice."

"Portman would like that." Averman laughed.

"What does she like?" Jesse asked.

Garrett started chuckling as he became giddy. "What?" Charlie inquired, setting his book in his lap.

Rhett shook his head with a cocky grin and chuckle, sitting up as he looked at all of them, even Guy. "You gotta do that yourselves. I already gave you the short and sweet of it. Besides, you're lucky I'm even doing this. She's my sister, not boy bait."

"Boy bait?" Averman chuckled, hitting his fist against the side of the couch as he found that extremely funny.

Garrett jumped down off his bed. "Where you going?" Adam asked.

"To see my sis-" He couldn't even finish before the boys had all gotten up and about attacked him, not wanting him to leave the room and tell her what they've been talking about. When he managed to push himself out of the group and fall on the light weight wooden boards, he stood up and fixed his hair and clothes. "Dudes! I'm getting the Nintendo System!"

"Oh."

"Sorry."

"Oops."

"Makes sense."

He opened the door and walked out, grabbing the knob and shutting the door. He rolled his eyes playfully at how the boys reacted to him leaving. He was going to tell her as he grabbed the station, but decided not to, seeing as he just told them he wouldn't snitch. When he arrived, he stayed longer than planned because the girls were already playing and Garrett needed it badly, so he was told if he could beat the girls at Mario and not die before them, then he could have the station.

Elliott and her brother skated out on the ice without any gear. The two looked at one another and pondered, whispering to one another as Coach Bombay stood in the middle of the group by the boards, being huddled around by his players, Miss MacKay, Jan, and Don Tibbles, who can't skate to save his life.