Garrett and the Boys

Garrett walked in to his dorm room with a towel wrapped around his lower body, his hair a mess, where the boys were all sitting on one another's beds, talking about someone who was 'hot'. He didn't know who it was they were talking about, but he listened anyways since he was in the room and couldn't really not listen. Everyone's ears listened to everything, whether the mind wanted to hear them or not.

Approaching his bed, he grabbed jacket and hung it up on the foot board post, then grasped his brush. Turning and standing by his bed, he brushed his longer hair back, watching them all laugh and exchange looks. Goldberg and Dwayne were in here and Guy was gone. Probably with the girls hanging out with Connie, as she's with them.

"Man, she was fun to be with!" Jesse pointed out.

Dwayne nodded. "She's quiet too, but hey, really fun."

Adam was on Charlie's bed, sorting through cards and putting them in piles by colors, numbers, and sign. Charlie sat next to him, his back facing Adam as he reached over the side laughing at something Goldberg said.

"Hey, what're you guys talking about?" Garrett asked, walking over to the other post of his bed, hanging up his towel. He pulled his shorts in quickly and looked at them. After zipping up the zipper of his cargo like tan shorts, he gazed around at them as they grew quiet. "What?" He asked, looking down to see if there was something wrong with his pants.

"Gosh, they're talking about your sister." Adam spoke up, looking up from sorting his cards. The others nodded, agreeing with Adam.

"Why?" He asked curiously, taking his seat on his bed.

The boys shrugged. "Come on, we barely know you or her." Averman spoke.

"Yeah, we hung out with her today and she's awesome." Goldberg shouted. He and Averman were sitting on Averman's bed. Charlie's bed was beneath Garrett's, while below Adam is Jesse's bed, who was seated on Guy's bed, which was below Averman's. Dwayne sat with Jesse on Guy's bed quietly.

"We went to this store and asked us if we fooled around often." Jesse added.

"Fool around?" Garrett asked, becoming skeptical.

"Not like that." Charlie spoke, sliding off the top bunk, messing up Adam's card. His feet flat on the floor, he looked at Garrett. "When we were young we used to pull pranks, nothing bad."

Garrett nodded. "Oh," He started. "Ellie isn't super out-going no more."

"How come?" Adam asked, wondering if that was affecting the way the twins played hockey. Adam was worried he had lost his spot on the power line to Charlie. Out of all people, he'd like Charlie or Guy to have it, but he really didn't want to lose it. That slot allowed him to know he stood somewhere on that team.

All the boys turned, looking at Garrett. They wanted to know more, becoming intrigued with the topic now. It revolved around the Caldwell twins, but more importantly, Elliott. "Our mother passed away recently, so now we're stuck in the middle of things."

The bosy grew quiet. "I know how you fell, well not with a mother, but my father. He wasn't around when I was young and it did bother me."

Garrett nodded, liking how he could relate to someone at least, other than his sister. "My dad's a jerk, I hate him."

"Your dad?" Jesse spat. "Are your parent's divorced."

Garrett took a seat on Charlie's bed with a nod. "Yeah, it's a long story. Quite boring." He told them.

They all gathered closer on the bed in front of him, which happened to be Adam and Jesse's beds. Sitting there, Garrett didn't know what they were all doing, but they were asking him questions. Wanting to get to know their teammate better. A few of them didn't have long since curfew was soon and they needed showers before bed. "We wanna know more." Goldberg spoke.

Adam had picked up his cards and listened, leaning back against his pillows with Averman and Dwayne on his bed. Below, Jesse and Goldberg sat on either end of the bed. Charlie sat next to Garrett on his bed. "You remind me of someone." Charlie spoke. "I just don't know who."

Garrett was a little afraid that had figured out he looked like Bombay, just almost taller and a little younger looking. He had glasses, whereas Bombay didn't. Garrett didn't want anyone to know he was truly a Bombay rather than a Caldwell, and that Ellie was in the same boat. He didn't want to tell them about his father the way he thinks about him. The Ducks see Bombay as an amazing coach with a heart and soul who devotes all his time and effort to this team. Although, they saw him like that, Garrett didn't and he doesn't want them to find out that this is truly how Garrett sees Coach Bombay.

"Yeah." Some of the others spoke over one another.

"Maybe Ellie knows." Jesse said.

"I'll ask her." Averman spoke. Obviously Garrett had just figured out that his sister was a boy magnet. He didn't mind know that he was getting to know these boys, they might as well pull something. They're going to be living in Minneapolis after the Games are over anyways, they might as well be friends with the two of them.

"No, I am." Goldberg contradicted.

"You got kicked out of a store." Dwayne spoke. "You think she wants to talk to you?"

"She did earlier today."

"Why don;t I talk to her?" Garrett asked. "She's my sister."

"Fair enough." They all spoke, causing Garrett to smile. Adam sat up, grabbing his backpack with his towel, soaps, and fresh clothes.

"I'm headed for the showers." He spoke, not really into the conversation. After Adam left, Garrett started explaining a few things about he and his sister. He started early, saying how hockey started and that caught all the boys' attention.

Sometimes Garrett could get caught up in the moment and not stop talking. "At the age of four we started learning how to skate. From there we joined this team called the Hawks..." He trailed off.

Downstairs, Elliott's attention was brought to her book as she read and walked down the hall from having a shower. With half dried messy hair, she had her glasses on as she read, droplets of water dripping down her arms and to the floor. Surprisingly, none of the droplets had dropped on her book, which surprised her.

Adam Banks turned the corner, running into someone accidentally. Ellie's book dropped and she lost her glasses as she fell into someone. About to fall on the ground, the unknown person to Ellie, had caught her. Adam held her in an awkward state, ready to drop her from awkward it was. He knew there was a little tension in the air. He thought that the twins liked Charlie better because they were able to get along together on the ice, but not with him. Adam couldn't seem to drop it and no one knows about it.

Ellie had grasped the person's hoodie and arm, holding on. People passed by and Adam stood up straight quickly, bringing her up with him. She fell against his chest and gazed around. After the two of them had caught their balance, she stepped back apologizing to him. "Adam?" She questioned, picking up her glasses and book. Noticing she had no hoodie on, she grabbed her wet towel and covered her stomach. Wearing a crop top, she didn't like when people stared or looked.

She didn't have a bruise or anything, she didn't have a tattoo or belly ring, she simply had a little bit of a defined stomach, which everyone stared. All boys stared at any girl wearing half a shirt. She covered her stomach loosely with the towel. "What are you doing down here?"

"Um," He scratched his head. "I'm going for a shower, just down that hall, over there, through that door." He pointed.

She nodded. "All right, good bye." She said and ran up the stairs, shuffling up without letting her towel, book, or glasses drop, or the backpack strap hanging off her shoulders. She ran up to her room as fast as she could, not wanting anymore of her teammates to see her, other than Julie and Connie.