Bombay's Office

Elliott had walked down the hall of the dorm building, heading to Coach Bombay's office where she was hoping to talk to him for a little. She wanted to enlighten him on different things and thank him for last night's help with her and Garrett's play. No one on the team knew about the twins and Bombay being related, that's what Elliott and Garrett think, but Charlie thinks otherwise. Even though he has discussed it with several of his teammates, some of them are on to the twins and Bombay. They've started questioning things, comparing Bombay and Garrett to one another, seeing the similarities.

Ellie knocked on the door to Bombay's office and he looked up at the window next to his desk. Seeing who it was, he motioned for her to come in. She entered and shut the door behind her, taking her seat like he told her to as she had set her bag on the ground. He wrapped it up on the phone with who ever was on the other line and she waited patiently, gazing around his office.

He looked at her as he brought the phone the holder. "What can I do for ya, Elliott?" He asked her.

"Well, I came for a few reasons."

He got confused and brought his hands up on his desk. "And why is that?"

She bent over to the side of her comfortable chair and picked up her bag, unzipping it, she spoke up. "Firstly, I'd like to thank you for helping Garrett and I last night. We deeply appreciated it, even though I only showed it."

He nodded with a smile as she stuck her hand in her bag. "Well, I'm your coach and am happy to help as much as I can."

She lifted the files out of her bag and dropped them in front of her on the desk. "Garrett took these to read and I read them as well. I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not." Bombay leaned forward from his office chair and picked up the folders carefully, seeing that the twins had stolen then from his office back in the locker room. "We wanted to know more. Are we here because we're good or because you wanted us here?"

He shut the folders after looking at them. "Elliott, you can't just steal whenever you want to-"

"But we didn't steal them, we brought them back and technically there's nothing confidential because those are our files." She explained.

He shook his head. "And I understand that, but it's still not your property. I'd have to punish you for this, but with Adam out and the games being tight, I can't."

She smirked and leaned forward, setting her arms on the desk. "Look, as you can tell by our behavior, Garrett and I haven't been the most kindest or out-going. You're the reason, but it's mainly affected Garrett because he can't trust you. I've tried to talk him into trusting you, but after seeing Captain Blood, he doesn't want a thing to do with you." She told her father, no longer making this a Coach and player conversation, but a father-daughter one.

This was a family talk now and Ellie needed to get everything off her chest. Bombay needed to know the truth between the three of them. The lies, the dishonesty, everything. "I know and I am deeply sorry for the way I behaved, but like I said, I've changed and I want you two to understand that. I'm no longer the guy I used to be. I love hockey and can't get enough of it. I've tried calling over the last year and a half when I haven't been busy, but your mother wouldn't let me speak to you guys."

Ellie realized the phone calls that her mother wouldn't say who it was, is now her father trying to reach them. "So, you have tried?"

He nodded. "I'm sorry for what happened to your mother, but now it's just the three of us. We'll be moving back to Minneapolis after this to my house. From there, we'll have to adjust."

"I don't know about Garrett, though. He's quite stubborn, exactly like you."

Bombay nods. "I know and he does hate me, but if I can show him I want to be there, then he'll finally see that I am the person he wants me to be."