- 19 -

CHAPTER 19

You spent the next few days avoiding Adrien at all costs. Literally. You felt terrible. The least you could was not lead him on, right?

On Thursday morning, you left for school and bumped heads with Marinette, who was with Alya. The two wouldn't leave you alone about Adrien. Talking about how kind-heart and generous he was. About how he'd never hurt you, and about how he'd be heartbroken if something had ever happened to you.

Nonetheless, you snapped.

You turned to the two and groaned. "Girls! Please! I appreciate you talking about Adrien greatly, I do. But if you could do me a huge favor and put a sock in it for a few hours, that'd be absolutely delightful." You strictly spoke.

And damn, did that shut them up.

You walked away, with steam literally fuming out of your ears as you left behind Marinette and Alya.

You just needed a break from it.

You walked into your class to see Adrien, crowded around a few student at his desk as he held his phone in front of them.

"She's so gorgeous!"

"Y/n is a natural beauty!"

"Damn right, I'd hit that."

"Kim!"

Your eyes widened at the words that came out of your classmates' mouths. Everyone turned to the door way slowly and the class went silent. You took your seat and their eyes followed.

"Hey Y/n." You watched Adrien turned around to look at you. You fake-smiled at him.

You turned to the teacher as she started teaching and you felt small glances on you as you tried to take notes. You felt worse than terrible.

You needed to do something.

"Mrs!" You shouted, raising your hand. The teacher jumped as she turned around and students turned to you. You smiled at her apologetically.

"Can I go to the restroom?" You asked, nervously chuckling. A few students laughed.

The teacher sent you a small glare and nodded. You got up and walked out of the room.

Once you were out of the room, you took a sign of relief. You decided to text your mother and asked her to pick you up early from school, using the "I feel sick" excuse.

She picked you up after a few minutes and you gladly left the school premises.

Arriving at home, you lied in bed with your eyes glued to your phone screen as you scrolled through the recent feed.

You were tired.

You wanted to text Adrien and tell him everything, but you decided to crash and fall asleep instead.

Sleep would distract you. At least for a few hours.

 At least for a few hours