>22<

:)

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Tro baby," Jacob whispers.

He grabs the little teen's hand and shakes it gently.

Troye moans in annoyance, "What?"

"Wake up," Jacob chuckles.

"Why?"

"Because it's your birthday."

"You know what else it is? Saturday. And it's," Troye peeks open his left eye and looks at the time on Jacob's alarm clock, "way too frickin' early to be up on a Saturday."

"C'mon, Tro. I have a whole day planned for your birthday, and if you want the first surprise, we have to leave the house in like an hour."

Troye sighs tiredly through his nose as Jacob plays with his small fingers, "Do I get to sleep in the truck on the way to the surprise?"

"Yes."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"Fine."

-

Troye hops excitedly out of the hospital, having just gotten his cast off.

He couldn't be more excited.

Troye and Jacob climb into the truck and Jacob starts the engine before driving down the road.

"Did you finish your assignment for English?"

Troye asks randomly after a few minutes of silence.

"Not yet. Honestly, I haven't even started."

"Jacob!" Troye gasps.

"It's due on Monday!"

"I thought you were going to sleep."

Troye rolls his eyes, "Whatever. If you fail, don't come crying to me."

"I'm not the little in this relationship."

Troye shrugs, "You could be."

"I'm not a switch," Jacob states simply.

"I'll get it done. It's not that hard."

"Well, no it's not hard if you already know the songs you want to use. But having to write out paragraphs, aren't you worried about like writing sentences weirdly, and using correct punctuation, and-you're not listening to me."

Jacob turns up the radio and smiles, "We are still kids, but we're so in love..."

Troye blushes and grins and starts singing after a few moments, "...dancing in the dark, you between my arms, barefoot on the grass. Listening to our favorite song..."

The song ends and Jacob turns the radio back down leaving Troye a blushing, grinning mess in silence.

"How'd I get so lucky?" he whispers.

Jacob grins and glances at him before placing his arm on the center console, palm up.

Troye intertwines their fingers and smiles, "Jakie?"

"Mhm?"

"Do you still have The Playlist on your phone?"

"Of course. Hit play."

Troye picks up Jacob's phone and uses his thumbprint to unlock it.

Before he could click the music app, a text message comes through.