>50<

Today was not a good day.

It was supposed to be.

It was meant to be the most perfect day of Troye and Jacob's lives.

But it wasn't.

From the moment they opened their eyes, Nothing was going right.

The two were supposed to be leaving at separate times, Troye before Jacob,but neither of them woke up until an hour after Jacob's alarm went off, making them both late.

Due to being late, Troye missed his hair appointment and had to call Hari who, thankfully, was more than happy to do his hair.

Then when Troye, Tyler, and Jed got to the hall for the reception to add finishing touches on decorations, they had discovered people rearranging the tables and chairs, and taking down the decorations.

That earned a strong lecture from Tyler and everything was soon being put back in their designated location.

Hurrying with Hari to pick up his dress from the dress shop, Troye nearly breaks down as he discovers a small tear in the lace that he either never noticed while trying it on or was never there before.

It wasn't very noticeable unless you really looked, but just knowing it was there at all was enough to bring tears to his eyes.

Racing back to the hall, the two arrive just in time to see everyone walking into the main doors.

Troye and Hari quickly run through the back doors where Jacob and Troye have their own separate rooms to get ready.

"Do you think this is a sign? That Jacob and I shouldn't be getting married? Like...nothing more could go wrong. I was almost late for my own wedding, my dress is ripped, we almost didn't have decorations for the wedding on top of being late and not having time to put everything back up-what if this is God's way of saying 'hey, idiots, don't get married, your lives are going to suck'?"

Hari shakes her head.

"It's not a sign. Everything will be okay. We're here. Nothing else is going to ruin this day," she says, adding soft touches to her eye makeup.

Troye sighs, "Maybe. I'm going to marry my wonderful fiancé, we're gonna have a fun night of music and food, and we're going to live happily ever after."

"That's right. And you're going to be amazing together till death do you part," Hari smiles.

Troye smiles.

The first real smile he's had all day, "I can't wait."

Tyler smiles at him, "I'm happy for you two. You have no-"

"Hey, guys."

The three friends look up to see one of the hall custodians making Troye's face drop, knowing there was something wrong.

"I'm sorry to inform you that we can't have anybody in the building for the next few hours.

There was mold found and we have to call some people to take care of it, but we're not allowed to have anyone here right now."

Tyler shuts his eyes and lets out a breath.

"Okay," Hari says sadly.

"Thank you. We'll be out in a minute."

The custodian nods before leaving, an apologetic look covering his face.

Without a word, Troye stands up and walks out of the building leaving Hari and Tyler to watch sadly for a moment before sighing and following after him.

-

Troye stands with his arms crossed in attempt to warm himself up.

It was only October but it was already beginning to get chilly outside, and him being in a sleeveless dress didn't exactly help.

He jumps slightly when he feels something being placed on his shoulders.

He lets out a sigh when he turns to see Jacob, discovering it was the elder's suit coat around his shoulders.

Sliding his arms through the holes, he wraps his arms around Jacob's torso with a soft sigh, his head resting on the elder's chest.

Jacob hugs his shoulders and kisses his temple, "I love you, darling. You look so beautiful."

"You're so handsome," Troye whispers tightening his grasp.

"Do you know if there's anywhere else we could go? So we don't have to wait hours to get married? This day was already kinda ruined, I don't want to wait a few more hours until I get to legally call you mine."

Jacob stays quiet for a moment before nodding, "We don't have to wait."

"No?"

"No. Let's just do it. Right here."

"In the parking lot?"

"Why not? It doesn't matter where we get married, we're still gonna be married. Right?"

A smile slowly makes its way to Troye's face and he looks up at Jacob, "Let's do it."

-

"By the power vested in me by the state of Ohio, I now pronounce you officially married. You may kiss your husband."

Troye grins widely as Jacob wastes no time pulling him closer and kissing his lips.

The small audience of friends and family members cheer happily as the two are declared married.

Troye yelps in surprise as Jacob lifts him bridal style and carries him to his truck.

"We're meeting at home!" Mama Bix shouts as Jacob shuts the passenger side door.

He throws a thumbs up to let her know her statement was heard before he walks around to the driver's side and climbs in.

Waiting a bit for everyone to get in their vehicles, Jacob starts his truck and pulls out of the parking lot, a giggly boy by his side.

"Jacob, we're married," Troye grins scooter closer to his husband.

"Aren't you excited?"

"I'm so excited, baby. So so excited. I get to spend the rest of my life with you, what's not be excited about?"

Troye giggles more before kissing Jacob's jaw, "I love you."

"I love you more, but continue to kiss my jaw like that, and we won't be having dinner," Jacob states glancing over at the boy.

"We'll be going straight to dessert."

Troye blushes and lets out a fit of more giggles making Jacob grin.

It may not have been the perfect day they wanted it to be, but they still wouldn't trade it for anything else.