Chapter 1

"I am not wearing that Coraline," I told my best friend.

"Oh, come on Lorelai don't be wus," she replied to me. "How else are we going to get all the hotties."

"I'm not going swimming to attract males, I'm going so I don't die of heat stroke," I retorted matter of factly.

"Ok, fine how about this one?" She showed me yet another swimsuit that I probably would end up rejecting. But, seeing that we had spent the past 30 minutes finding me a swimsuit I ended up taking it for the sake of time.

I changed into the swimsuit and adjusted it making sure to cover up as much as possible. I grabbed my towel and threw on a pair of jean shorts and a tank top as a cover.

"Ok, I'm ready let's go," I informed Coraline.

"Eeeh, I can't wait," she squealed rather loudly. "Oh my gosh, do you think the guys will be hot? I bet they'll be snokin'. Just imagine, Lori. We'll be in a shirtless paradise."

"Are guys all you think about?" I questioned her, already knowing the answer.

"What kind of stupid question is that. Of course guys are all I think about. Did you even have to ask?" Coraline instantly answered.

I smiled shaking my head at her telling her we should go. We got in Coraline's Jeep and drove to the neighborhood pool.

Once we got there Coraline dashed out of the car, probably looking for a spot next to some guys. I sighed, and gathered our stuff following her.

Why am I even friends with her?

But I knew I couldn't live without Coraline. She's been there for me, thick and thin. We're like sisters and we love each other. Even though sometimes I think she loves boys more than me.

I find Coraline on a plush chair chatting up a storm with some guys.

"Lorelai, over here!" She waves me over. "This is Dylan and Jeremiah, they're visiting from Toronto . This is my best friend Lorelai."

"Hey," I said not really interested, just wanting to relieve the hot ache with the cool sensation of the water.

"Dammit, I forgot the sunscreen I'll be right back." I tell her. She tells me ok and turns back to chatting with those guys.

Itching to relieve the heat I began to run back to the car. That is until I hear a whistle.

"No running!" Says a deep voice.

Man that was hot.

I turn to the direction of the voice and look at the lifeguard tower. I can't see him clearly, because of the huge umbrella covering him. I squint trying to get a look, but I can't see his face at all.

I groan and start fast walking. Once I reach the car I quickly grab the sunscreen and start the agonizingly long journey back to my seat.

I turn to look at the lifeguard tower and see that he is looking elsewhere so I start a light jog gradually going faster.

That is, until I hear the whistle again.

"NO RUNNING!" He shouts at me.

I roll my eyes and fast walk the rest of the way back to my seat. Coraline isn't talking to the guys anymore but she laying stomach down. I get her to help me put it on and finally make my way towards the pool.

"WAIT, Lorelai!" Coraline yells for me. I groan and head back to her.

"What do you want Cor?" I ask her, extremely annoyed and hot as hell.

"My sunhat is in the car," she tells me.

"Ok, so go get it," I respond not getting why she wants me.

"But Lori, I'm already laying down and your up anyways so I figured you could get for me?" She pleads. "Pretty please, Lori," she adds in puppy eyes and a pouty lip.

"Ughhh, I hate you," I say to her.

"Awww I love you too Lori. Thanks babe," she blows a kiss at me and turns back to laying down.

"Lazy ass," I mutter under my breath. Not giving a fuck, I sprint towards the car. Screw the lifeguard.

"STOP RUNNING!" He shouts to me.

"FUCK OFF!" I yell at him giving him the middle finger. Not watching where I was going I slip on the tile, letting out a loud yelp before falling into the pool.

Good thing I can swim.

I come up from the water and rest my forearms on the edge. I see two feet walk in front of me. I slowly look up and see the actual hottest person ever. Like ever.

He seemed to be a living embodiment of pure masculinity. The way his muscles rippled when he crossed his arms, or how his jaw sharpened as it clenched.

He could have been hand crafted by Michelangelo himself.

I instinctively want to run my hands through his curly brown hair and look into his pretty brown eyes for hours. { A/N- All my Cody Simpson fangirls 🥰} But I resist and focus on getting out of the pool without making a fool of myself.

I almost flinch at the cold look he gives me.

"Jenna take over for me," he suddenly says. "You, come with me."

I groan. He waits for me to get out the water. I finally manage to get out of the water, without slipping.

"Look dude, I wasn't trying to break your rules, I was just in a hurry," I reason to him avoiding his eyes and hoping to find a way of of the irksome situation.

"Does it look like I give a fuck," he spits out harshly.

"Geez, someone's PMSing," I mutter, not filtering the words that come out. I look down at my feet in mock fascination, before peeking up at him in time to see his eyes narrow.

He grabs my arm and begins dragging me towards the building. I try to tell him off, but I can't seem to formulate words. The rough and calloused hand seems to be the focal point of my thoughts.

Butterflies erupt in my stomach and I feel the temperature rising in my cheeks.

His hand is coarse and gnarled, as if he does a good amount of manual labor. The contrast of his rutted hand and my downy skin, has goosebumps crawling all over me.

I turn my head towards my shoulder and look down in hopes of hiding my flaming cheeks. He's still pulling me and we near the building.

I search for Coraline to come to my rescue. I detect the lightness of her blonde hair and we make eye contact. I raise my eyebrows in hopes she'll understand. Her eyes widen once she sees the Ancient Greecian sculpture that's pulling me. Her eyes turn back to me and she wiggles her eyebrows and a smirk pulls on her face.

I mouth the word 'help' to her, but she remains oblivious to my apparent troubles. She just keeps wiggling her eyebrows and smirking. I sigh and internally curse her.

I'll make sure to kill her after this.

We eventually reach the building and he pulls me towards a back office that I assume is his.  He opens the door and roughly pushes me inside. I stumble but, quickly regain myself.

"Um, excuse me, but what am I doing here?" I ask him getting irritated.

"Well since you can't seem to get through your thick head that running is not allowed, your gonna be on time out and stay her for 10 minutes," he seethes.

Once I hear his answer my jaw drops open and I gape at him for a second before I scoff.

"I don't think so," I reply back. I then side step to go past him, but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back in the room.

I gasp at the sudden contact and I feel my stomach churn in the best way possible. Still stunned at the contact, I don't realize that door is being shut until I hear the lock click.

My head snaps toward the door and I now become aware that he is no longer in the room. I rush towards the door and pull at the handle, but it's locked.

I begin to bang on the door. "HEY ASSHOLE, LET ME OUT OF HERE!" I scream through the door. But he doesn't seem to hear me.

* * *

the answer is yes