Chapter 25

I'm hungry...

•••

"Welp, I'm gonna take a three hour nap, see ya later," I declared to Elijah.

Before I could go he grabbed my wrist and whirled me around to him. "Ah ah not so fast Ms.Rivera, I believe you work for me for the next twenty four hours," he tsked.

"Elijah, come on," I whined.

"If I have to tell you again to address me properly Ms.Rivera that will be your third infraction."

"Great then maybe my job will be terminated," I replied grinning.

"No smartass, far from it. In fact maybe I'll just have to promote you to personal assistant." He wore a cocky grin on his face. Not to mention his hair was still wet from the pool, leaving the curly mass to droop slightly over his forehead.

Man he was a sight for sore eyes. "If you're done staring I'd like an ice cream cone with sprinkles."

"Wha- I wasn't... seriously? An ice cream cone?"

"Hop to it," he said reclining on the couch with arms behind his head.

"So now I'm a bunny," I muttered walking away, the sound of Elijah's laughter fading away.

If I was going to work for him for the next twenty four hours, I was at least going to make it fun.

I grabbed and ice cream cone and some mayonnaise from the fridge. Oh yes my prank receptors were tingling in excitement.

I scooped the cold mayo into the cone making it look as realistic as possible. Then to top it all off, I drizzled chocolate sauce and dumped a crapload of sprinkles.

I giggled to myself, then put my poker face on.

Walking out of the kitchen I took the modified ice cream and handed it to a lounging Elijah.

"Here you are sir."

"Thank you," he said taking the cone from me. He beckoned me closer with his fingers and I sat on the couch next to him. "I've been a little rude, Ms.Rivera please share this ice cream with me."

Aw crap.

"No that's okay really."

"I insist," he encouraged. "Come on you can have the first bite." I looked at him searching and he just stared at me waiting.

He held the ice cream to my mouth and I backed away. "Sir I really do appreciate your kindness, but I made it for you," I said sweetly.

"Take a bite, Lorelai ," his voice hardened.

I cleared my and opened mouth and next thing you know he'd shoved the center of the ice cream directly in my mouth. I chewed the combination of mayonnaise, chocolate, and sprinkles in my mouth.

It was disgusting.

While I was cringing internally, Elijah was howling with laughter next to me. His smile was bright and radiant and if I wasn't so mad I would've taken more time to admire it.

"Elijah!"

He continued to laugh. "You- you thought," he paused in between still laughing," you could prank me." He managed to get that last part out before he erupted in another fit of laughter.

He was cackling so hard he rolled off of the couch and plopped right on to the floor literally doubled over in laughter.

I could feel my cheeks flaming. I crossed my arms and waited for him to stop while smacking my mouth trying to get the weird taste away.