Chapter 29

cheel out. im not dead. so far.

ENJOY

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Oh not so fast muchacho!" I yelled racing in front of him to block his way.

His eyebrows drew inward to a frown.

I crossed my arms and tapped my foot patiently. He moved to the side, but i copied his movements.

"I have a boy to beat up, Lorelai," he demanded also crossing his arms.

"Forget about the boy, you've got a lady to apologize to," I deadpanned.

Did he really think I'd just let him off the hook? Maybe I'd gone soft.

His eyebrows raised up in understanding. He sighed and looked away from me. "I'm sorry, Lorelai."

"And?"

"Sorry for not giving you a chance to explain."

"And?"

"And for ignoring you."

"And?" I really couldn't think of anything else, but it was fun to see him squirm.

I think he noticed the tiny smirk on my face and stopped. "Seriously?"

"Hmmph."

He took my hand in his and pulled me closer to him. He snaked his other hand around my waist. His movement were slow and seductive. "I'm sorry, Lorelai."

It was nice to hear his apology, but that didn't take away from the fact that he just jumped to conclusions. I wasn't bitter or resentful. I just felt disappointed. Way to sound like a parent Lorelai.

I sighed deeply. "Elijah you didn't even give me a chance to talk. I understand that you don't usually... court women..." He raised an eyebrow. "...but you have to give me the benefit of the doubt. I'm your girlfriend."

I glanced up at him. He was looking at me with a contemplative intensity. I looked back down, playing with my fingers.

"We made a promise. And I don't make empty promises."

His fingers found my chin and lifted my head up. "What did I do to deserve you?"

My cheeks burned. I never knew how to take compliments.

"You're right." He rested his forehead against mine. "I should've given you the benefit of the doubt. I'm sorry." I looked up at him. I could only see sincerity in his eyes.

"Will you forgive me?"

I had a already forgiven him a while ago, but I could mist definitely use this to my advantage.

"Hmmm, I don't know Elijah. I might need some space."

He frowned. He looked like a toddler who had just been told 'no'. "What? No space." With his hand on the small of my back he yanked me against him more.

I almost cracked laughing right there, but kept my stoic poker face.

I sniffled dramatically. "I just- I just don't wanna see you right now." I made sure to let my voice crack at the end.

I flattened my palms against his chest lightly pushing, not that it did diddly squat.

I could see the emotion on his face. His eyebrows arched downward in a forlorn look. "No no no don't cry. Lorelai I'm sorry. Im so sorry baby," he persisted, pulling me into a bear hug.

"I think, I think I just wanna lay down...have some ice cream."

His head jerked up. "I'll get it for you," he said quickly. Before I could even form a response he had ducked down and swooped me into a bridal carry.