Chapter 10

Everyone was gathered downstairs prepared to go explore the town of Los Angeles.

My brothers joined us from their room and we discussed where we wanted to go. The problem was the eight of us couldn't agree on one place to go.

"I say we go to the beach," says Caden.

Isabella scoffs. "You just wanna go to the beach so you can see girls in bikinis."

"Duh," he says like that was the only reason he would go.

"Yeah!" Jack says fist bumping Caden. I can see Coraline frown from the corner of my eye and think to talk to her later. For now I just hold her hand and give her a reassuring smile.

"I wanna go to Universal Studios," I input.

"Lame," Noah says. "Next idea."

"Universal Studios doesn't sound too bad," Elijah says looking directly at me. Good lord, his eyes.

"How about we split up?" Isabella suggests. "The Jack and Caden can to the beach, Lorelai and Elijah can go to Universal Studios, and the twins, Coraline and I can go to Rodeo Drive or something."

That sounded like a solid plan until I thought of Elijah and I alone at Universal Studios.

"Coraline why don't you come with us to Universal Studios?" I ask her with wide eyes and eyebrows up hoping she'll see my point.

"But-."

I squeeze her hand. She's seems to get the hint and finally agrees. I turn back to the group with a smile. I make eye contact with Elijah and he narrows his eyes suspiciously. I quickly look away avoiding his patronizing gaze.

"All right get changed and let's go!" Jack instructs everybody.

I go to my room and pick out a simple pair of denim shorts and an off the shoulder top inviting in the warmth of the sun. Coraline barges into my room and shuts the door.

"Gee, thanks for knocking," I say sarcastically.

"I can't go with you to Universal Studios," she says breathing heavily.

I snap my head to her and look in confusion and slight panic. I couldn't spend the whole day alone with Elijah. Not after he kissed me like that. I still felt the power of his kiss on my lips, a memory of what might be to come.

"What? Why?"

"Jack asked me to go to the beach with him," she says still in a daze.

I understood and sighed. "Coraline, why do you waste your time on him when you know he's gonna end up hurting you?" I ask frustrated at her.

Coraline groaned and ran her fingers through her long hair flipping it to the right side. "I don't know Lori. I just can't say no to him. He's very good at...persuading me. And I know he's gonna hurt me in the end, but when he touches me its like I can't think properly."

I know the feeling.

"You know I'll always support you, but please be careful. You're a strong, independent woman. You can't let my sleaze of a brother get to you like that," I tell her holding on to both of her hands.

"Thank you, Lori," she says removing her hands from mine and hugging me tightly.

"Have fun at the beach and remember what I said."

"Are you okay spending the day with Elijah?" She asks.

"I'll be fine, go have fun," I tell her even though I shudder at the thought alone of spending the entire day with him.