Chapter 4

———————————————————————

"LORELAI! GET YOUR ASS UP BEFORE WE LEAVE YOU HERE!" Mom screams from downstairs.

"Ma, it's too early for this!" I sleepily reply, burying my face into the pillow.

"Everybody is here Lorelai! We're going to leave for the airport in 30 minutes, if your not downstairs by then, than you ain't coming."

That jolted me awake and I scrambled to get out of bed.

I have 30 minutes to get ready. Shoot.

Than I realized it was only the airport. I instantly relaxed and found clothes to wear.

I readily welcome the warmth of the grey pullover and dark leggings I wear and sigh at the comfort of the soft material of fuzzy socks.

Come on we're only going to the airport.

I brushed my teeth and my hair trying to at least make myself look presentable as Mom says. Putting it in two sloppy braids, I grab my duffel bag remembering my suitcases were already in the car.

I bounce downstairs energetically with a big smile on my face.

Gosh, I cannot wait for this vacation.

I've never been to Disney. So spending three weeks in California is my dream vacation, not to mention the celebrities.

My parents and I have been planning this vacation for years. Even though my parents have decent jobs, it's still very costly.

Once I get downstairs, I go to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast.

"OH MY GOSH, LORELAI, I'M SO EXCITED!" Coraline screams in my ear.

"ME TOO!" I scream back.

"Stop screaming!" A deep, groggy voice says.

Jack comes, basically sleep walking into the kitchen.

Coraline turns to him and quickly turns back to me whispering,"I thought you said your brother was spending the night at a friends!"

"Yeah, until my parents told us that we were leaving two days early," I respond, amused by her flustered state.

Coraline has had the biggest crush on my brother for years. Now, Coraline is the type to date a lot of guys, but she just can't seem to stop being hung up on him.

I'll never understand.

On the other hand she also absolutely hates him. She says he's a jerk and is always leading her on then showing up with another girl.

They have a love hate relationship, but I know they'll end up together in the end.

"Oh, hey Coraline," Jack says to her.

"Jack," she scoffs, not bothering to look at him.

I guess they're at it again.

I hear voices in the living room and decide to greet the family that's joining us.

"Morning," I say to everyone.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up," Dad says to me.

I wrap my arms around him and hug him tightly.

"Yeah, cause Mom was screaming my ear off," I tell him.

"It seemed to work," Mom says smugly.

I see a couple that look almost the same age as my parents.