Chapter 3

I turned to face Coraline's wrath, but surprisingly she just smirked.

"Wow, Lorelai. You go in with one man and come out with another, I've trained you well," she said nodding her head in approval.

"Of course you would say that," I muttered shaking my head with a smile. "Let's go."

———————————————————————

Coraline drops me off at home and heads to her parents house.

"Mama! I'm home!" I call out to her.

I hear footsteps running down the stairs and my mom appears and almost tackles me over.

"Hey bae! How was the pool? I hope you didn't get burnt. Was it fun? I missed you. Did you see any cute boys? Did you get a nice t-" I cut her off from her ranting and gave her a smile.

"Mom, the pool was fun. I was only gone for an hour, but I missed you too. And I did meet a boy," I tell her with a big smile.

Gosh. I love my mother. She's literally my best friend. I tell her about everything. Everything. She had my older brother, Jack, when she was a teenager in high school, so she's pretty young.

Unlike a lot of cases my dad stayed with her when she found out she was pregnant. They were high school sweethearts, which is a rare kind of love I only wish I had.

"A BOY! Oooh!" She squeals. "Tell me all about him."

"Ok, well he has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, he's really funny. Like really funny. And..." I trailed off.

"And what?" Mom asked, clearly very excited.

I still didn't say anything.

"Lorelai! And what?"

"Hold on, Mom I'm building dramatic effect and creating suspense," I said in a 'duh' tone.

Mom kissed her teeth in response and rolled her eyes. "Ugh, come on Lori, say it already."

"And.... He watches Gilmore Girls!" I say excited about my new tv buddy.

"HE WATCHES GILMORE GIRLS!" Mom screams. "Oh my gosh, Lorelai, you have to marry him."

"Mom!" I shout embarrassed.

"What's this I hear about boys?" Dad suddenly appears with a narrow look.

"Lorelai met a boy at the pool Adam!" Mom tells him excitedly.

"Nope, not gonna happen. I don't think so," he tells us with a firm look. "There will be no boys near my precious baby."

"Oh come on Dad," I sigh exasperated. "He's really nice and he even watches Gilmore Girls," I inform him.

Dad's eyebrows raise. "He watches Gilmore Girls?" He asks, his interest obviously piqued. "Hmm, I'll take him into consideration, but I still don't want him near you."

"Oh come on Adam, don't be an ass, let her get to know him." My mom says trying to convince him.

"Watch your mouth Cherry," he says to her firmly. Then he leans down and whispers something in her ear, so I can't hear.

Mom's eyes widen and she bites down on her bottom lip, and her eyes seem to dilate. Dad continues to lower his head until his mouth is now on her neck and I can see him place small kisses on it. Mom sighs and her eyes close.

Why am I still watching this?

"GUYS! I'M LITERALLY RIGHT HERE!" I shout out them.

They seem to come back to reality after that and they jump apart.

"Oh come on honey you'll be doing this one day," Mom says.

"I think the fuck not!" Dad says also brought to the real world.

"Watch your mouth Adam," Mom mocks Dad's earlier words in a high pitched voice.

He gives Mom a hard glare and stands walking towards the stairs motioning her to follow. Mom doesn't follow and he turns around and makes a 'come here' motion with his finger.

As if Mom suddenly realizes something, she whines," That's not fair. How come you get to curse and I don't? I shouldn't be puni-" Dad cuts her off her by clearing his throat, and he discreetly motions over to me tilting his head in my direction.

Mom's mouth forms an 'o' shape as if she's realizing I'm still here.

My eyes narrow at them. Weirdos.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you Lori. We're going vacation with a family from your Dad's work." Mom informs me.

"Why?," I whine, dragging out my voice. "I thought we were only going with Coraline's family."

"They're related to Coraline's family and they work with Dad, plus their paying some of the expenses, so it all works out."

"Ughhh fine," I huff.

"You better drop that attitude young lady," Dad warns me.

"You sound like such as Dad," I tell him snickering.

"Hmm I wonder why. It's clearly not because I'm a dad." He says sarcastically. "Go finish packing your clothes we're leaving bright and early on tomorrow."

"What! I thought we were leaving on Saturday," I exclaimed, confused on why we were leaving two days early.

"Well, leaving earlier works out better for the family that's joining us, so go and get all your stuff together and you," he says pointing at Mom. "Don't think I forgot about you. Come on ," he grabs her hand and pulls her up the stairs.

"Adam, come on, I was only teasing you, no need to..." Mom's whiny voice fades as she goes up the stairs.

I laugh quietly. Good ol' Mom.

I wonder who the family is. Oh gosh, I hope they don't have annoying kids. I really need this vacation.

Once I finish packing I head to bed thinking about a certain sexy lifeguard.

I guess I won't be seeing him anymore this summer, I'd rather be on vacation anyway.

Little did I know.

* * *
maybe