Chapter 5

Once I was in the car, I sat and waited for him with my arms crossed, frown on my face all.

The driver seat door opened and even though I could make out his large frame squeezing in, I didn't look. I kept my face straight still scowling.

Once he was completely in and the door was shut, I heard a lock click in place which cause me to snap out of my childish attitude.

I pulled at the door handle, but it would open.

Child locks.

He looked at me as if expecting a reaction, but I decided not to give him one and kept quiet staring ahead.

No one moved for a couple seconds.

His manly cologne had wafted through the air and I could smell it clearly. I inhaled sharply, smelling the alluring aroma.

Finally, he sighed and started the car.

Once we got on the road heading for the airport two hours away, an awkward silence had enveloped us. I didn't know what to do.

I just sat there my eyes looking everywhere, but him.

He looked so appealing right now. His right hand in a tight grip around the of the steering wheel, long legs spread out as wide as permitted in the limited space. Staring ahead with a straight face.

I found myself admiring his clean shaven jaw and the sharpness of it. How his lashes might be even longer than mine. His thick curly locks of hair. And his even complexion.

Does he exfoliate?

Oh my gosh. He looked like a frickin' GQ model.

"Are you done staring at me?" He asked not even looking at me. I gasped surprised at the sound of his bass voice.

I looked back at the window in front of me.

"I wasn't staring at you," I sharply say back to him.

"Yes you were," he says right back.

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"NO, I wasn't!"

"Stop acting childish!" He snaps at me.

"You started it!" I instinctively sat back.

He gives me a 'see what I mean' look. Dammit! I just proved his point.

"Just take a picture, it'll last longer," he says to me, his lips twitching slightly upwards as if he trying to hold back a smile.

"Shut up," I say, rather childishly.

His head turns sharply at me and he gives me a hard look.

"Repeat yourself," he says, his eyes daring me to say it again.

I decide for the sake of my pride and ego, to just say it again.

"Shut. Up."

The look he gives me after makes me instantly regret. He honestly looks dangerous.

"I dare you to tell me to shut up one more time," he says darkly, not trace of humor in his voice.

I know I shouldn't, but I really want to see what would happen if I did.

Don't do it. Don't do it.

"Shut, the fuck up," I say more slowly this time, aiming to get under his skin.

The second I finish the car swerves to the side of the road and he puts the gear into park. I let out a surprised yelp and almost crash into the side window.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I say glowering at him.

"I swear, Lorelai, you're really testing my patience right now," he growls angrily. Before I can respond my phone rings.

We both look over at it on the dashboard. I pick up the call from my mom.

"Hey Mom," I greet her, aware of Elijah's stare.

"Hey babe, I don't see Elijah's car following us anymore, where are you?" She asks me worriedly.

I glance over at Elijah and he's still watching me, probably wondering what she's saying.

"No need to worry Mom, we just took an exit to get some gas," I lie to her hoping she'll buy it.

"Oh ok, just make sure you get there in time."

"Ok, mom."

"Is that Lorelai you're talking to?" I hear my dad's faint voice ask Mom. "Why isn't she here?" He asks sounding alarmed.

Major facepalm.

"Didn't you here Adam? There wasn't enough room, so Lorelai is riding with that nice young man Elijah." She fills him in, because obviously he wasn't paying attention when this was happening.

"WHAT?!" He exclaims, so loudly that I pull the phone from my ear.

"When did this happen? She is alone in a car with a boy?! I did not agree to this!" He yells.

"Shut up Adam, you clearly weren't paying attention when this was happening." Says Mom's irritated voice.

The phone goes dead silent and I wonder what happened.

"Hello?"

"Did you just tell me to shut up?" Dad asks Mom.

What is up with that? First Elijah, now Dad.

All I here is an "um" from Mom.

I groan. I know where this is going and hang up not wanting to hear them do there thing over the phone.

"Do you always lie to your mother?" Elijah asks me.

"What was I supposed to tell her? 'Don't worry Elijah swerved to the side of the road and almost killed me?!'," I say snappily.

"Next time you tell me to shut up I'll do more than just pull over," he says lowly.

This time I just kept quiet.

————————————————————————

A/N

OMG!!! *insert girly

Who likes Elijah? 💓😍

Who thinks he's a major douche?🤬😤

Feel free to comment, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Thx for reading!!!

❤️Sadie