chapter 2

He was wrong, you were not pretty, you were beautiful

His eyes were fixed on your face as he watched. You looked down at your phone.

"She's going to share the news" he thought .

Once again he was jealous of the person who would hear your voice singing with excitement, the person you thought of first, the one who mattered most.

He frowned as the joy radiating from you slowly drained away as you looked down onto your phone. His heart felt your sadness.

Although he was too far away he knew deep within himself that your eyes were blinking back tears. He cursed as he watched you brush the tears away. He felt the insane urge to brush them away for you.

"Damn it Jin, get it together" he cautioned himself. "You are being crazy"

He looked away. The grief on your face was too raw, too private. He felt like an intruder just then.

After several minutes he looked to find you still there, lost deep in your own thoughts. Jin just watched, unable to leave you there, to leave you alone with your sadness.

You sat struggling with your thoughts. You turned your face to the sun, closing your eyes and feeling the warmth steal into your body. Through closed eyes you could see the flicker of light and dark as the leaves danced, surely a hug from the heavens.

You allowed yourself the moment of stillness, of sadness, then came to a decision. Today was a good day, you would celebrate the good news.

The stillness of the path was broken by a rowdy group of students rambling through, pushing and teasing each other. As the group passed Jin noted that they had broken into your thoughts as well.

He watched as you straightened your shoulders and stood. You seemed to have come to a decision. Another brief moment and he could see that you had yourself firmly under control again and were ready to move forward.

Jin's heart lurched as you stood. "No, no....don't leave" he whispered.

He had to know more about you. He knew that it would be a huge mistake if he never saw you again.

He was desperately trying to think of a way to approach you when another large group of people passed on the path between you.

When the way was clear again he panicked. You were gone. He looked to the bench in disbelief. You were NOT someone he dreamed. Looking closely he saw that you had forgotten what looked to be your lunch on the bench. You certainly could not go without lunch!

Craning to see above the crowd he saw you walking down the main street of the neighborhood. He watched as you ducked in a small floral shop. He grabbed the lunch bag and took off after you, determined to find you.