chapter 9

Jin arrived at the restaurant first

Jin arrived at the restaurant first.  He was happy for his friend as he noticed the crowd milling around.  The food passing him on the way to tables looked excellent.  His friend caught him and escorted him to a large area in the back.

The two of them stood talking as they waited for more guests to arrive.
Jin stood facing the door, holding his breath each time the door opened.

He was distracted for a moment as his friend handed him a drink.  When he turned back to the door a large group of people entered.  As they turned to be seated he lost his breath.

You quietly entered the front door, eyes sweeping the room, searching. Searching for him, he realized.  The thought made the blood pound in his ears. 

He watched as you stepped into the soft glow of the lights near the bar.  The light caught the auburn highlights in your hair.

One soft curl fell over your shoulder making him want to twirl it around his finger, or brush it behind your ear, or both. 

He watched as your eyes moved around the room.  He could see from where he stood that they were shining with excitement and maybe anticipation.  That was exactly what he was feeling.

Jin thought again how very beautiful you were.  He watched as you turned and a flash drew his attention.  He looked closely to see jewels sparkle down your throat into the valley between your breasts.

He felt his blood begin to rush the other direction as he looked at your lush curves.  He followed the neckline of the blouse , his eyes skimming the elegant curve of your neck, past your collarbone to where the fabric fell, caressing the spot just between the delicate bones and the generous swell of your breasts.

His gaze rested on that spot, drawn by some quirk of his imagination.  Was that a birthmark on your skin? A bruise? A shadow?

Whatever trick the light was playing was tempting  him to touch that very place, to play his mouth and tongue over it.  He was drawn to replace whatever imposter rested there with a lover's mark, his mark.

Jin's eyes darkened with desire as he took in the rest of your soft curves and wide smile.  “Shit! Jin, get it together” he chastised himself. He drew deep breaths in an attempt to dampen his desire.

A slight frown marred your face as you could not spot him.  That was enough to shake him loose from his fantasies and start toward you.

Movement in the back of the room caught your eye and you glanced that way.  Your mouth went dry as you saw the gorgeous man moving toward you.

There was such power and grace in the way he moved.  More than that, you sensed purpose in his stride, his sole focus was to reach your side.

He was almost too much to take in.  He was tall and lean, his shoulders wide, his waist small.  His clothes were expensive and fit his body perfectly.

He drew such attention that the clothes were an afterthought, barely registering other than to muse what they were hiding underneath.  His hair was dark tonight and carefully styled. He was simply beautiful.

You were taken by surprise as a image formed in your mind, almost as if it were a memory, of his body covering yours, your hands reaching to tangle in that perfect hair bringing it into disarray.

You cursed yourself, fighting the deep blush that stained your face as he reached your side. You were in so much trouble.

Jin stopped in front of you, returning your smile.  He clasped his hands behind his back to keep from hugging you close to him. 

“I am so very glad to see you.  I have missed you" he said, looking down into your expectant face.

You tilted your head to look up at him.  He stood so very close to you.  Your instinct was to reach and touch him.  You clasped your hands tightly in front of you to still them. 

You were still learning this culture's dating rules, but you were sure launching yourself at a man's chest on your first meeting for your first date was a firm “no".  Pity.

“I am so glad to see you too.  Thank you for inviting me to this place.  It looks amazing" you responded.

The first hurdle cleared,  Jin turned and guided you to the back where your host had drinks promptly delivered. 

You sat and talked and laughed with Jin as one after another tasting courses were delivered to your table.  You shared the food and stories and the time passed quickly.

Jin asked you about your promotion and smiled as he watched your eyes light with passion.  He listened to you intently, reaching to take your hand as the final dishes were cleared.

“As a matter of fact" you shared “ I have a very important District meeting in the morning.  It will mean getting to work super early, but it is a critical time in the project" you explained.

Jin squeezed your hand.  He made a mental note of how beautiful you looked when you were passionate about something.  He wanted that look, that passion focused on him.

Jin spent the next several minutes catching you up on his adventures and his plans for the next couple of weeks.  He had you laughing at all the crazy things he had planned.

“ But, most of all” he said, hesitating just a heartbeat, “ I really want to ask you if you would like…”

Before he could finish his sentence, Jin's friend appeared and interrupted him.

You saw the irritation flash in Jin's eyes before he apologized to you and turned to his friend.

Jin silently cursed as his friend interrupted him.  He was just about to ask to see you again later in the week.  He already knew tonight would not be enough.

However, he had promised his friend to meet and talk to his investors.  With a smile at you, he turned and stood.

You relaxed back in your seat as you watched Jin gracefully rise and bow to the older man as his friend introduced them. 

You nursed your drink as the man earnestly spoke to Jin and he politely listened.  Soon the pair was joined by two more, then finally three more older men, all affluent looking, all trying to monopolize the conversation.

You watched in amusement as the men vied for Jin's attention. Occasionally Jin would look at you and smile.  You patiently waited.

The restaurant was full by this time.  The noise and bustle indicated that the opening was a success. 

You checked your watch and were dismayed that it was past ten already.  Hopefully Jin would return to you soon.

  Hopefully Jin would return to you soon

NOTE:  So....here we go!  Did you notice something familiar?

Comments on what happens now???

Thank you for your votes and comments!! They mean so much!!