chapter 34

“None of that!” he interrupted

“None of that!” he interrupted.  “we just went too fast. ..”

Jin trailed off.  Truth be told he had no idea what happened and he was growing afraid. 

He did not know what to do next.

But as he looked at you, curled up, sheet clutched tightly to your chest, defeat shadowing your body, he knew he would try and try again until he made it right.

He lifted your chin and gave you a gentle kiss.  You eagerly leaned into him, needing his assurance.

He smiled and some of the dread and fear uncoiled from your stomach.

“You want to stop for the night?” he gently asked.

“NO!” you responded, louder than you intended, “ no…please don’t.”

He nodded and kissed you again.

“Excellent!  How about we slow things down?” he asked, reasoning he needed to make you comfortable first.

“Do you have a robe or some …ummm…something…ummmmm……
you want to put on some……..? I mean like…..ummm……you know……” he struggled with how to put it. 

You laughed, so grateful for him trying to make you comfortable.

You suddenly remembered standing in front of your dresser this afternoon and you knew the perfect thing.

“Yes, I do!! Give me just a minute. Don’t look. Ok?”  you popped up to kiss him and slid off the bed before he could respond.

Sighing, Jin leaned over and grabbed his pants from the floor, fishing his phone out of the pocket.  He selected a playlist and adjusted the volume so that music softly played. 

He found a comfortable spot in the bed, leaning against the headboard, stretching his legs out before him.   

He covered himself with the sheet and his hands, his mind worrying about you and his body taking it's cue from there.

He closed his eyes and slowed his breathing, listening to the sounds coming from the closet and bathroom.

He laughed when he heard boxes falling followed by cursing.  He was impressed at the breadth of your vocabulary!

He heard your footsteps approaching and slowly opened his eyes and lost his hard won  equilibrium. 

Walking toward him, you evoked glamour and class tempered by raw sex appeal.

You remembered exactly the set you wanted to wear as Jin fumbled his words. 

You had forgotten about it, relegated it to money wasted, just one more bad memory. Tonight you had  finally knocked the box down from the top of the closet. 

You carefully pulled out the robe and gown, slipping the silk through your fingers.  This would be perfect.  You hurried to slip it on, pausing to gather yourself before returning to him.