chapter 26

He was going to wash the dishes for you

In just a minute he would go and help.

In just a minute.

You were almost finished getting everything ready for the table.

You had glanced over earlier and saw that Jin had finished the entire plate you had put on the table. He must be starving.

You hurried to finish and get everything put away so the rest of the time would be only for him.

Finally finished, you walked over to the couch calling his name.

"Jin....Jin?" reaching his side you could see that he had leaned back and fallen asleep.

You were so swept away by the feel of his mouth and hands earlier you had not really looked into his face.

You looked closely at him now, asleep on your couch, head tilted at an awkward angle, mouth open slightly, his breath deep and even, you noticed what you did not before.

His face was pale and there were deep, dark circles under his eyes. Your heart went into immediate protective mode.

You quietly slipped into your bedroom. Shrugging, you exchanged your tight jeans for a comfortable pair of leggings. You grabbed your pillows and a couple of blankets.

Back in front of the couch, you put the pillows down and fussed with them until they looked comfortable.

You carefully put your arms around Jin's shoulders and gently holding his head, leaned his body into the pillows.

He was restless at the movement until you whispered his name, telling him to relax and lay down. He lifted his legs onto the couch and curled his body, settling even deeper into the comfortable cushions. It made you happy to see him resting.

You reached for the blankets, pulling them to cover him. As you straightened to pull away, you were surprised as Jin's hand reached for you, pulling you down to him.

In his sleepy voice he called your name and mumbled "Sleep with me....please."

His words brought a rush of heat. Of course he meant literally sleep, but those words made your heart race.

You quickly snuggled in close to him, holding his hand to your chest and memorizing his beautiful face at rest.

Soon the peaceful sound of his breathing, the warm glow of the room and the feeling of contentment overcame you and you fell into sleep beside him.