chapter 23

Looking up, your eyes met Jin's and everything else faded away

“I had a really wonderful time tonight,” you finally said.

“I did too. Thank you does not seem…… enough. Everything about tonight , everything was……special.” Jin was stumbling, unable to find the words to express what he was trying to say.

It really did not matter at this point.  The two of you had stopped listening to words. 

Instead you were communicating with each other with glances and sighs, flushed faces and unsteady breaths.

Jin stood looking down into your face, sweeping over each facial feature like he was trying to memorize you.

Jin stepped closer to you, moving his hands from your hands to cup your elbows.  Without thinking you took one more step and slipped your hands around his waist, pulling him even closer into you.

Jin looked down, seeing your decision to trust him in your face.  He felt his chest constrict with both the responsibility and gift of that. 

He also felt the echo of guilt in the mistake he had made in treating  you as carelessly as he had the “dating" arrangements he had grown used to.  A sense of shame crept in at that memory.

He would never make that mistake again.  This was special.  You were extraordinarily special and he wanted this to be perfect. He would take his time.  It would be worth it.  You were so worth it.

Time slowed as Jin bent his head toward you.  You held your breath as he grew nearer. He then pressed a kiss on your cheek. 

Rather than disappointment you felt a warmth steal through you.  The moment felt fragile and new. 

It was a heartbeat in time to be cherished. 

Jin did not pull away from you, rather he rested his face against yours, your arms wrapped around each other.

Finally, you felt Jin begin to pull away from you.  You felt a moment of panic. 

Not yet, it was not time yet.

Your hands came up to fist in his shirt, holding onto him, pulling him close.

“Please, “ your voice came out a hoarse whisper, surprising even you. “Please, not yet.  Don't leave.  Just one more minute!” you bargained.

You swore you heard Jin whisper “It will never be enough."

Jin reluctantly began to pull away from you.  As his cheek lifted from yours he felt your body begin to shift.  Rather than pulling away you were grasping him closer. He felt your hands slip from his waist to fist in his shirt pulling him back into you.

Jin tried to slow his breathing as he felt one small hand loose it's grip on his shirt and slowly slide across his chest,  stopping right atop his heart.