chapter 17

“Now…

“Now….do it!” you coaxed yourself.  Your assistant entered before you could change your mind.

You worried.  What if it was not delivered to Jin.  The thought of that made you sick to your stomach.

Remembering the business card Jin had given you, you called his personal manager.  A few minutes later you had explicit instructions and an assurance the package would be in Jin's hands before he left.

“SeoJeon.  I have something very important for you to do for me," you told him. The young man nodded eagerly.

You had written down the name and address and instructions the manager had provided you.  Handing the information to him you continued, “ I need you to please make sure this package is securely delivered to this address."

You watched as his young face beamed at being trusted with a task. 

Then you watched the blood drain from his face as he read the address.

“Here????? I go Here???” he practically shouted, his color coming back in a dark blush. “Oh my…oh wait….”

He had begun to pace and mutter to himself. 

He stopped and looked down at himself.  As always he was impeccably dressed but you could tell he was thinking of changing, or going shopping for a whole new outfit.

“SeoJeon!  I need you to focus!  You look very handsome today.  Perfect for this task. Ok?” he nodded, still a bit dazed.

Checking your watch you added “I need you to hurry.  I am on the clock here."

He straightened to his full height, ready to walk into fire for you at that moment, or at least into the offices  of one of the most prestigious companies in the country.

You gave the package to the young man, telling him a car should be waiting downstairs and giving him a handful of folded bills.

“Go carefully.  Please call when you are done. Take this and get lunch on the way back.  Any questions?” you asked.

He was so excited he was entering the elevator before you finished. As the doors closed you sighed. It was done now.

The rest of the day dragged on slowly. 
SeoJeon returned to the office floating on air.  He told you several times about his trip. A lower level manager was waiting for him when he arrived. He was allowed to wait in the lobby for the team departure.

He saw Jin as soon as the elevators opened.  He told you Jin came to him immediately and took the package. 

Each time he told it Jin's reaction was more gracious, more thankful, more surprised. 

In the end you had allowed him to leave early with another fold of bills for supper with his friends.  You admonished him to keep the details and contact information confidential.