8

Doing nothing all week led me to be overly excited about going camping, well, half camping. Although I believed that Merlyn was kidding, the next day he called me to see if our plan was still on. I was so excited that I had been packed the day after the party. It was now Thursday and we were going until Monday. A few of us would be going up today, while another few meeting us tomorrow. One of those meeting us tomorrow was Ciarán. 

I was waiting for Merlyn to come out when someone knocked on the back of the car and made me jump out of my skin. I looked back to see Merlyn and a tall blonde. I gave Merlyn the thumbs up and he opened up the trunk. The car was packed full with to use up a the lake. The two shoved their bags in the trunk and walked around to the front. Only one seat in the back was up, which was were the blond sat.

"Blaire this is Nick, not sure if you've met him yet."

"We met at Flog Gnaw I think." He nodded as I proceeded to turn on some Frank Ocean and started to drive. 

***

The part right before the change in Nights was on and I was currently yelling the lyrics. Along with the other two. "All my night, been ready from you all my night!" This was my favorite part of the song, if not the entire album. As the guitar started to play I turned the volume down a little  bit.

"Merlyn can you open the glove box and pass me the box of pasta?" Out of my peripheral vision I saw scrunch up his face in confusion. "Come on you've been asked weirder thing." He slowly handed me the ox of rotini and watch in confusion as I put a piece of raw pasta in my mouth. "It helps me focus." I exclaimed as Merlyn shot me an whatever-you-say look and Nick laughed.

***

As we drove through the winding, dirt road a large cabin started to come into view. My family owned it and was shared throughout my dad's side of the family. The wooden building was coming closer and closer. I pulled down the long drive way and quickly hopped out to let myself into the house. The house was massive, with 7 bedrooms. It was enough to hold my entire dad's side of the family. 

I parked the car and quickly hoped out and grabbed my some of my luggage and walked to the door. I quickly unlocked it and let myself in putting the main door open. I already knew where I would be sleeping, the loft. I dragged my luggage up the stairs and placed it down next to one of the beds. There was one full bed and a small twin in the corner. 

I rushed back down and started to bring in the food and drinks into the kitchen. The boys helped as they both chose where they would sleep. Being the first here comes with its perks. I started to stock the kitchen and Merlyn and Nick where looking around. The cabin was covered in antique items and the house definitely showed my families obsession with animals. A giant map of California was put on one of the living room walls and zoomed in on big bear. 

From the living room led out onto a deck which had stairs that attached to the back yard which ultimately led to the lake. The natural light allowed for less use of lights during the day. Once I put everything away I heard another car pulling up and I quickly looked up to see Ian pulling up. Out of his car came him, Jaden, Matt, Tavia, and Romil. They took their luggage and came into the house looking around the bedroom.

Once they placed their stuff in their rooms they all came out to say hello. I gave them each a hug when Nick busts out from the basement door, which I hadn't even known he had gone down, in fly fishing overalls and a bucket hat. I let out a laugh at how ridiculous he looked.

"I don't even know why we have that, you can't even catch fish where you can walk in the water." I said as I walked over and took the bucket hat off his head placing it on mine. "But this brings up a better point, we should go out onto the lake." I said quickly running up the stairs and changing into a bikini. I could actually go swimming now that I just had a brace on and not a cast.