Stay

It had been two days since Alex was released from the hospital. Carlotta arranged for a tour bus to pick Alex up so she wouldn't have to fly back to Atlanta. Derek rode back with her on the tour bus so they could continue to reconnect.

" I was such a bitch when I first met you. I'm so sorry," Alex laughed as they recalled how they first met.

"Yeah, you didn't make it easy for me that first time. All I got out of you was a slight grin. Crazy that we ended up living next to each other."

"Yeah, it was fate."

"You remember what happened the night we realized we lived next door?"

"I remember you coming on to me," Alex playfully hit Derek's arm. 

"If memory serves me correctly, you were the one that told me to come here. But I was not about to deny the prettiest girl I've ever laid eyes on. Besides, I'm glad I didn't because you definitely took me for a ride," Derek whispered in her ear.

"Baby, that was so out of character for me. That was my first time sleeping with someone I met the day before."

"Well, I'm glad it was with me," Derek giving her a deep kiss.

Immediately getting hot, Alex removed her jacket and reached down to his pants to unbutton them. She deepened the kiss and took his erection into her hands.

Alex, baby, as much as I want to, we can't.

"Your dick is saying something else." Ignoring his plea, Alex moved to sit on his lap. 

Derek knowing Alex wouldn't stop, got up to stop anything from going further. Alex immediately got an attitude. 

"Derek, I don't understand why you don't want to have sex with me right now. You let me give you one of the best blowjobs at the hospital and now you don't want even want to fuck me."

Derek knowing that if he didn't tell her the truth, Alex would continue to press the issue.

"It's not you. It's me. I haven't had intercourse since I regained movement in my lower body. Although I can walk, I'm not sure if that area of my body is fully functional. I want to make sure that I can make love to you the way you deserve and not just get a quick off."

After hearing Derek's reasoning, her attitude ceased. She didn't realize Derek was still struggling with being intimate. She decided that it would be best if they hold out on all sexual activity until they both were on the same page and could equally enjoy it. 

"Baby, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for trying to force you to have sex. How about we wait to do anything sexual until my recovery process is over and you're feeling more confident."

"Are you sure? You know my mouth still works."

"I'm positive. I waited this long so what's another couple of weeks."

Both Derek and Alex felt relieved that they were able to address the problem by communicating effectively. In the past, one of them would've stormed off and silent treatment would ensure for a few hours. They knew that they were heading in the right direction to be in a relationship again. 

___________________________________

Alex and Derek arrived in Atlanta and were surprised that the tour bus made the stop in Buckhead and not at Ruby's house. Rose, trying to be a good mom, pulled her connections together to get Alex a penthouse in Buckhead for her recovery process and beyond.

"Sir, I don't live here." 

"Your mother instructed me to take you here. She said to go to the building office and directions will be waiting for you there. 

"I swear if this is one of my parent's schemes, I'm going to lose it," Alex huffed as she got off the bus and stormed into the building. 

"Ms. Crane, I have been expecting you," the building manager said as he smiled and shook her hand. 

"Your mother arranged for you to stay in the Penthouse to finish your recovery. She figured that you would enjoy the extra space and a luxurious bed. If you choose to stay beyond your recovery, your mother will pay. You are on the top floor which is floor 24. Here are two keys. You have a private maid and chef that are on call 24/7. Welcome and make yourself at home." 

"Wow, baby, your mom put in all the works," Derek said looking around the lobby. 

"She's only doing this to butter me up for our therapy session in a few days," Alex said as she made her way to the elevator. 

Alex and Derek made their way to the 24th floor and opened the door to the Penthouse. 

"Wow, this is nice," Derek glanced around as he sat down Alex's bags by the entrance.

"Yeah, it's something." Alex walked into the kitchen finding flowers and note from her mother. 

Dear Alexandra, 

I hope this makes your recovery process go by quicker. I love you and can't wait to see you in a few days. I have stocked the fridge and pantry with your favorite sparkling water and snacks. Tell Derek I said hello as I hope he intends to stay here with you. 

Love, 

Mom

Derek seeing Alex read the note from the flowers, made his way over to her. 

"Is that from your mom?" 

"Yes."

"What did she say?"

"She said she hopes being here makes my recovery process go by quick,"

"That's great. See, she's trying." 

"Yeah, she also wrote something else that I think you should read."

Derek's body tensed up not knowing what the rest of the note could say. Alex handed it to him with a smile on her face which loosened him up a little bit.  Derek read the note and looked up at Alex. 

"Do you want me to stay here?" 

"I would love for you to stay here but I also know you have responsibilities with Ruby and your job. I'll understand if you're hesitant." 

Derek paused. He wanted to make sure the next thing that came out of his mouth was the right thing. 

"Alex, I would love to stay but I fear jumping back into the familiarity of living together again will jeopardize us really actively working on reconnecting and building our communication. It will be so easy to jump back into old habits. Before we move back in together, I want to make sure our foundation is solid." 

Alex knew Derek's statement was right but she still couldn't help feeling a type of way. She really wanted him to stay and not be alone her first time back in Atlanta. Derek sensing something was wrong, moved closer to Alex taking her hands in his. 

"How about this? How about I stay tonight and then we'll talk about a plan in the morning about our living situation." 

Alex's eyes lit up. 

"It's a deal!" 

------------------------------------------------

Short and sweet chapter. I'll probably write 2-3 more chapters before I do a time jump! Thanks for reading!