6 Months Later

6 months later

Alex and Simone are on The Real to promote their collaboration performance at Coachella with DJ Kahlid.

"Your album just went certified Platinum. You girls have been crazy busy with all the media and PR buzz. You are about to perform at Coachella for the first time. How are you feeling?" Tamera asked.

"It's definitely been crazy but so worth it. We are getting to do what we love each day and for us, that has been so rewarding. We are living the dream," Alex answered.

"And we are so excited about our show. We have 4 front row tickets and VIP passes to give away so make sure you follow us on the gram with all the details on how to snag them," Simone added.

"To address the elephant in the room, Star is missing. Where is she?" Loni asked.

Simone and Alex both looked at each other before Alex took the reins to answer.

"Being a new mom is hard and Star has made it her priority to put Davis first. But no worries, she will be performing with us," Alex reassured the audience.

Ok, guys. That's all we have time for but tune into our facebook live where the girls will be answering more of your questions after the show.

"Cut," the producer yelled. Simone and Alex did the live facebook and thanked the hosts for inviting them out. Once they were out of earshot, they vented.

"What the fuck was that? Didn't Ms. C tell them that questions about Star were off-limits? If she doesn't show up, we will look stupid," Alex yelled.

"She will show up." Simone saying trying to calm Alex down.

"She better. She has 48 hours to appear before I go nuclear. But for now, I have a date with my man. Call me if she shows before you see me tomorrow afternoon. And I mean that Simone." Alex walked away getting into her car.

When Simone saw Alex car out of sight, she called her sister.

"You better show up to explain yourself to Alex. I can't keep pretending I don't know what's going on."

____________________________________________________________

"Baby, you look stressed?"

"This Star shit is driving my nerves. If moving our wedding date to accommodate her wasn't selfish enough, now she's messing with the groups future. We are called Take 3 for a reason. What would we look like getting on stage with only 2 of us?"

"Alex, baby, breathe. I know the moving of the wedding date wasn't ideal but we are getting married in a month so that is something to look forward to. And I know Star has been going through it but I highly doubt she will let y'all down like that," Derek reasoned rubbing her back.

"And I have something planned for you that I know will make you forget about this for at least today. So why don't you nap for an hour and then get ready. Your outfit will be hanging up in the closet."

"Thanks, baby."

An hour later

Alex was getting ready when she heard a knock at the door. It was the doorman with a bouquet of roses with a note.

"I hope you're ready for an evening of romance. See you in 5!"

This man is always outdoing himself. Alex finished getting ready and met Derek in the lobby.

"So what do you have planned?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course"

"Ok, then let's get in the car."

"Baby, that's all you can tell me?"

"Come, Alex, let's get in the car before we are late."

___________________________________________________________

Hotel Cafe 

"So you finally show up?"

"Simone, I told you I would. We're a group."

"It hasn't felt like a group lately. You've been absent and lying to Alex. Asking me to cover for you."

"I know and I'm sorry about that."

"You need to be sorry to Alex. You owe her an explanation. She changed her wedding date for you so you could spend time recovering and bonding with Davis and you just up and disappear and skip out on promos and PR. Then I find out that you're doing a solo project on the side and that's why you haven't been around. Like what the actual fuck Star? Our album was climbing up the charts but apparently, that wasn't good enough for you."

Simone stopped before she continued.

"You preach all this stuff about sticking together and being a group and you're the main one not acting like you are apart of the group. I love you but if you do this again, I'm out. And I'm sure Alex will be too."

Simone got up from her side of the table and went to hug her sister seeing that she was visibly upset. They embraced each other.

"I have dinner plans with Angel so I have to go. Give Davis a kiss for me. And call Alex first thing tomorrow morning."

"I will." Star responded.

____________________________________________________________

"Ok baby, on the count of 3, open your eyes."

1

2

3

"Omg. Derek are you serious? You got us a private yacht for dinner?"

"It's for the night. I packed you an overnight bag. I wanted us to have some quality alone time, just us before these next few busy days and weeks."

Alex placed her arms around Derek's neck and took him into a passionate kiss."

"You are so thoughtful. Thank you, baby."

"You're welcome, now let's go eat."

After dinner, Alex and Derek went out to the deck taking in the sights of the ocean. They cuddled up on the couch and fell into a light sleep.

"Baby," Alex softly spoke waking Derek up.

"Yes, baby. What is it?" Derek asked.

"I just want to let you know that I love you so much. I am the luckiest woman alive and this is the best I have ever been treated in life. I cannot wait to be your wife." Alex said while intensely looking him in his eyes.

A tear dropped from Derek's eyes. Alex wiped it from his face. Her words truly hit his soul and he was ready to show her.

"Ok, time to go to the room."

"Why?"

"Cause I want to show you how excited I am you're about to be Mrs. Jones."

_________________________________________________________________

The Next Morning

Alex woke up to her phone going off.

"Baby, just ignore it," Derek told her pulling her closer taking her lips to his.

The calls and texts continued coming to the point where Alex couldn't ignore it any longer. She turned over to check her phone and what she saw put her in rage.

"Star Davis takes a break from Take 3 to pursue a solo project."

This bitch, Alex screamed. 

________________________________________________________________________

Y'all, I apologize about my absence. Life got crazy and just haven't had the time to update. But my life has slowed down and I can now update regualrly. 

Anyway, let me know your thoughts about this chapter. Are we feeling the time jump? What solo project do you think Star did? Will Alex beat her ass? 

Comment and let me know!!