This Ends Now

11 pm the same night

"I have 500K. Just give it to them."

"So they can take the money and still sell the tape? No."

"Well, your plan isn't much better."

"It's not? My plan allows us to keep our money and get the tape and possibly copies if they made any."

"Whatever Derek. Since you know everything do it your way. I'm over this argument."

"Derek was frustrated. He was trying to keep his cool and not go off on Alex but she was dangerously close to pushing his buttons."

"If you want people to see the most intimate part of our relationship, be my guest. Let me know the result of your magnificent plan." Alex said walking away.

That did it. Derek was officially pissed and he was going to let Alex know it.

"Alexandra. What the fuck is your problem? 1. I don't want anyone to see us having sex and I especially don't want them to see you. That's for my eyes only. 2. Did you not hear me say that they possibly could have copies? If so, we need to get them. 3. Once again, what the fuck is your problem? I'm trying to come up with a solid plan and all you're doing is bitching at me. You gotta chill."

Alex knew she had pushed him too far and knew she somewhat deserved the reaction. Still, she was upset in the manner Derek came across.

"I need to cool off before we take this argument too far. Just knock on the bedroom door when Moses gets here."

Going to the room, Alex saw that she had 30 missed calls and 75 text messages between Star, Simone, and Ms. C.

 "Alex, where are you?"

"Answer, my call. NOW."

"Alex, we need to talk about press release we are pushing out about this situation."

"Are you ok? Did you find Derek?" Call me when you can?"

Alex feeling too overwhelmed decided not to call/text anyone back. She needed to be alone in her thoughts. Without notice, she broke down. Tears started flowing from her face and she let out agonizing screams. She couldn't believe this was happening to her. She felt guilty that Star's business was leaked as well as Derek stressing to come up with a plan. Everything was falling apart and she felt hopeless.

Derek heard her in the living area but he decided to leave her alone and talk to her once he had cooled all the way down. They both needed to be in their own space right now.

Knock, knock. It was Moses.

Derek jumped up to let Moses in. He went to knock on the bedroom door letting Alex know that Moses had arrived. Not wanting either Derek or Moses to see her a mess, she went into the backroom to fix herself up adding some tinted moisturizer to help downplay that she had been crying. After 15 minutes, she walked out and greeted Moses and got right to the point.

"So what are our legal options? Can we sue for invasion of privacy? Can we call the cops?"

"You can do both and I've already started the process of one. One of my associate lawyers knows a detective in the Atlanta PD and he is on standby for what you guys decide to do. He does have a location on them."

"Ok, so he just needs to go in and arrest them. What is he waiting for?" Alex asked.

"Evidence," Moses responded.

"We are getting blackmailed. That's evidence enough."

"You need evidence for a search warrant. You guys have anything in writing? Any texts?"