Marry Me Alex?

Derek hadn't planned on asking Alex to marry him for another week but knowing his girl and her attitude, if he didn't fix the Anna situation soon, things would quickly get out of hand. And he definitely didn't plan on asking Star and Simone for proposal idea help but he had no choice. He knew the girls would help him get things rolling and he indeed needed to get this proposal rolling. After Derek sent the text message to Star and Simone, they told him to come over quickly before Alex arrived. 

Before Derek could knock on the door, Star opened it. 

"So you're not sleeping with this Anna bitch Alex called us crying about?"

"No, Star I'm not. I would never cheat on Alex."

Simone seeing how stressed Derek was quickly got to the point. 

"So Alex is supposed to be here in 30 minutes so we don't have much time. What's up?"

"To make a long story short, Anna is the designer of Alex's engagement ring. Not some random girl I'm sleeping with.  I met her while I was in New York. She was in Atlanta for business and I told her to come by to meet me to drop off the ring. Alex was supposed to be in the studio and not at the house. They weren't supposed to meet."

"Oh shit." Star and Simone looked at each other. 

"And I had planned on asking Alex next week to give me more time to plan but since I'm in the doghouse, I need to do it within the next 48 hours." 

"What the hell? Two days is not a lot of time Derek," Star said looking at the groups calendar and studio schedule. 

"I know and I'm sorry for springing this on y'all like this but we all know if this situation doesn't get solved, we will all be miserable dealing with Alex's attitude."

"What did you have in mind?"

"Honestly, I was wanting to do something with music since that is the reason we met." 

"Simone, I'm fresh out of ideas? You're better at this. What do you think?" Star went to get her tablet to search musical proposal ideas on google. 

Simone took a minute to think about it. She knew Alex had taken some time to write new music and had shared a couple of unfinished songs with her. 

"Alex actually has some unfinished songs and one of them is about you. Maybe take the first verse and the chorus to the song she wrote and have it playing in the background while you propose?"

"Simone, that's a great idea. Maybe we can decorate the courtyard at Gravity with candles and her favorite flowers," Simone followed up. 

"Oh and a slideshow of pictures with y'all in the background," Simone added. 

"I knew I came over here for a reason. Can we pull this off in two days?" 

"It's going to be tough but I think we can. I'll work on getting the song. Star, you work on keeping Alex distracted. I'll get Ms. C and Bruce to set everything up in the courtyard. Derek, all you need to do is get the pictures from the slideshow and lay low. I'm sure Alex is plotting your death right now." 

"Speaking of Alex, she just texted me saying she's 5 minutes away. You gotta go," Star told Derek as she was responding to Alex's text. 

"Ok, thank you guys so much. Star, I'll text you in the morning." 

Derek quickly left so he wouldn't be seen by Alex. The last thing he needed was her to get more upset with him.

As the night went on and as Derek arrived at Ruby's house, he sent a message to Alex hoping she would be receptive.