I Just Want You

The girls were just coming off from a successful performance at Coachella with DJ Khaled which created even more buzz and opportunities for Take 3. DJ Khaled was so impressed that he asked if they could be his opening act for the last leg of his tour. They were all excited until they heard what the last date would be. 

June 25th. 

The date of Alex and Derek's wedding. 

"Ms. C, no. If you can't negotiate the contract to where we don't do the last week of the tour, I'm not going. I already postponed my wedding once. I'm not about to do it twice." 

"Alex, I know this isn't ideal but it's easier to change a wedding date than it is an entire tour and schedule," Ms. C fought back. 

"I'm not asking to change the tour or schedule. I'm asking if we could finish up the week before the last show. DJ Khaled can have another artist open for him for the last three shows. He's smart, he'll make it work." Alex was trying to hold back the tears through her frustration. 

Ms. C knowing she wasn't going to talk Alex into it, walked out of the room to continue negotiating the contract. 

"I mean, maybe Ms. C is right. You can change the date to the week after. Maybe the month after." Star suggested. 

Alex gave Star a death glare. Star immediately shut up. 

"No, there's no changing the date. The venue is booked for the rest of the year and I've already finalized most of my plans. Either you're with me or your not." 

"We are with you. We want what's best for you but also what's best for the group." Simone tried to reason with her. 

"What's best for me is that I marry the love of my life on June 25th without people convincing me otherwise. My wedding is happening, now if you excuse me, I need fresh air." 

Alex felt her breathing picking up and decided it would be best to leave before she had a panic attack. She got out her phone to FaceTime the one person who would understand. 

"Hey baby. How's Cali? I miss you." 

"They want me to change our wedding date again." 

"Who is they and why? We literally have everything set in stone." 

"DJ Khaled gave us the opportunity to be the opening act of the last leg of his tour. The final date is our wedding date."

"Damn baby. That's great but it also sucks."

"That's why I'm forcing Ms. C to negotiate with his people. I'm not missing my wedding. I deserve this wedding. We deserve this wedding." Alex was now tearing up. 

"Baby, don't cry." It was too late. She was sobbing over FaceTime ruining her makeup. 

"Alex, look at me. I will do everything in my power to give you the wedding you deserve but you've fought to be at the place in your career right now since you were 17. I don't want you to miss this opportunity because you're afraid of losing the venue or anything else wedding related. If push comes to shove, we can reschedule." 

"But I don't want to Derek and I'm not understanding why you're so quick to do so." 

"Because I don't give a damn about the venue, flowers, cake, food, or live band. I give a damn about you being my wife. That can happen on June 25th or it can happen on another date. Those things aren't important to me, you are. The marriage and finally being able to call you my wife, Mrs. Jones is what I was looking forward to. The wedding and all that comes second. 

Hearing Derek say the most important thing to him was her becoming his wife/Mrs. Jones put a smile on Alex face. She knew he was right. 

"Baby, I have an idea."

"What is it?"

"How about we elope? It's clear that the universe doesn't want us to have a big wedding and eloping can be intimate with just us two." 

"Honestly baby? Is that what you want?" 

Alex paused. She knew all she wanted was Derek to be her husband whether that happened in a big venue or a small intimate setting with just them two. 

"Yes, baby. I'm sure. I just want to be your wife and I don't want to prolong it anymore." 

"Ok, let's do it."

"Let's do it." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So sorry for the weeks gap in posting. Life got crazy busy for a second. 

I know this is a short chapter but I wanted to get something out that I had been thinking about for a few days. Can't wait to expand upon this idea and where the story is going! 

The next chapter will be longer. Comment and let me know what you think. 

Also, I appreciate all the love.