Meet Me at the Altar

"Baby, wake up. It's our wedding day."

"5 more minutes. That's all I need."

"Nope. I need you to get up now."

"4 more minutes, please."

"I let you oversleep for 30 minutes, you have to get up now. You have to do your hair, makeup, and then get dressed. It's 10am. Our ceremony is at 3 and I know you need every bit of time in order to get ready so I need you to get up."

"One more minute, please?"

"Fine. One minute starts now."

As Alex was getting in her final minute, Derek went to his apple music to find "hear comes the bride" song. As soon as the one minute was up, he pressed play and turned the volume all the way up.

"Time to finally get up. It's our wedding day and I can't wait to marry you."

"I can tell." Alex laughed as she made her way to the bathroom. She was excited the day was finally here but was also contemplating if they were making the right decision by eloping and not at least inviting their close friends.

"Baby, can I ask you a question?"

Derek knew Alex like the back of his hand so before her even asking, he already knew.

"What's up?"

"Do you feel us eloping is the right decision? Don't get me wrong, I love you and want to marry you but are we going about this in the right way? It just feels secretive."

Little did Alex know, Derek had something up his sleeve. He had to play it off so her surprise wasn't ruined.

"Baby, look at me. Today is about us and our love for each other. Don't worry about anything else. As long as we are happy, that is all that matters. Are you happy?"

"Yes."

"Do you love me?"

"Of course."

Do you want to be my wife?

"Duh."

"Ok, then get out of your head and let's do it."

"I'll leave you to get ready and I'll be back within the hour. Love you. Bye."

As Alex got ready, Derek left to go to the ceremony site to make sure the surprise was coming together nicely. They decided to get married in Savannah, Georgia which is where they went on vacation for the first time as a couple. It held significant meeting to them and it felt like the right place to make the commitment to forever.

"What took you so long? We still have to get ready to," a familiar voice rang out.

"Star, you know Alex likes her sleep. I had to bargain with her to get her out of bed. I couldn't seem like I was in a rush. Did you get everything sat up?"

"Yes. You guys and the preacher will be in the center. I sat up benches toward the left so we could be out of sight until it was time. Our view is perfect and we can still see everything. Ms. C and Simone are working on the reception site. Cotton, Ms. Bruce, Noah and Angel are making sure the caterer and wedding cake are good to go. We have it all handled."

"Great. I just want everything to be perfect for her. She deserves it."

"So she still has no idea we are here?"

"None. She was getting a little emotional this morning at the thought of you guys not being here but I talked her through it. We should be good to go."

"Great. I'm so happy for you guys. I mean that."

"Thanks Star. I gotta go and get ready but text me if something happens!"