The Girls Are Back

3 months later (August)

"Ms. C is being so unreasonable. I can't believe I have to put my solo career on hold to make this group album. Simone's barely here mentally and Star is two months pregnant. Like what the hell. All we have been doing for the last three weeks is arguing over everything. We haven't even laid down one track." Alex vented over the phone to Derek. 

"Babe, you have to calm down." 

"Derek, you know how long it took me to come back from that crash. How many therapy sessions I had to go through. How many panic attacks I had to suffer through. How I had to fight to get my mental health back. And now I am being forced to do another album that hinders my solo career. It isn't fair."

Alex was now crying. She was upset and frustrated. She finally had figured out where she wanted her solo career wanted to go and now she had to halt her plans. 

"I need you to calm down and stop crying before you make yourself have another attack. I'm worried and I'm still out of town until the end of the week. I need to know that you will be ok cause I'm not there to take care of you. Go to my grandma's house and she will help you relax. Everything is going to be ok. Just breathe Alex." 

Alex closed her eyes and started to breathe. 

Flashback to three weeks ago

The summer tour had just ended and the girls were back at Gravity to discuss next steps and contracts. Star was coming off solo hype and anticipation for her next move. Simone was in married bliss and engaged in civil rights activism not caring about the music. Alex was writing and producing again trying to get back to her old self. Although they loved Take 3 and the opportunities being in a girl group afforded them, the girls were ready to focus on other things. They had grown in different ways and were ready to explore that growth. 

"Welcome back. We've missed you." 

"We missed you too Ms. C. We are happy to be back," Simone said giving her a huge hug. 

"I called you in today because thanks to Bruce, I got wind of you guys announcing that you're taking a break from the group to focus on other things. And I'm here to tell you that won't be happening. You still owe me another group album per your contract."

The girls looked at each other and were visibly angry. 

"Ms. C, no. I have solo tracks that I need to lay down to get ready to release my EP. I don't have time to write and produce for Take 3 right now," Alex stated. 

"And I'm not feeling the music thing right now. I want to focus on changing the Atlanta community." 

"Girls, I'm sorry, my hands are tied. I need an album and I need it by December. That gives you four months." 

Star was quiet which was unusual. She usually would've been the first one out of the three protestings. It did not go unnoticed. 

"Star, you're quiet. What's up." 

Star was keeping a secret. A big secret at that. A secret that was about to change not only her life but the group's direction. Star feeling she had no choice but to share her secret stood up and raised up her shirt revealing that she was pregnant. 

"OMG!" Alex and Simone stared at Star in shock. 

"When did this happen?" Ms. C asked in a concerning tone. 

"And who is the daddy?" Ms. Bruce never failed to be off with her comedic timing. 

"Well guys, Noah and I spent a lot of time together on tour and this was the result."