1

I rolled my eyes.

"No," I said patiently, like I was explaining to a five year old. "Dumbledore is not gay. It is not told explicitly in the books or films."

"But come on-"

I sighed. "Dude you haven't even read the books. You can't just watch the films and say he's gay. So many stuff have been left out in the movies."

"Just accept defeat already," she smirked. I glared at her in mock anger.

"Vivian Markwell! You of all people should know that I. Never. Give. Up!"

"If you both don't shut up right now, there's a high chance of you getting kicked out," whispered Dylan.

"I don't think so," I said, smirking. "Mrs. Thompson's  kinda wary of Keith."

Keith is my bodyguard. I'm Chloe Victoria Everett, a distant member of the royal family. Father had appointed Keith at a moment of crisis. But even though everything is fine now, he wants Keith to be permanent to keep an eye on me, especially since my parents can't do it themselves as they're never around.

"I wish I had a bodyguard, " Vivi groaned.

"No you don't."

"You're right. No offence, Keith but I'd like to be alone at times and I really don't want someone tagging along keeping tabs on me all the time," she said. Keith's face was neutral, as usual. Keith hardly shows any emotion and I'm always experimenting different ways to bring it out of him. I'd heard that people normally open up at night so once, I sat up at midnight and and started talking to him. He told me to shut up and go to sleep.

"I have another plan," I whispered so only Vivi could hear me.

"Let me guess... another plan to open up Keith?"

I glanced discreetly behind me to check if Keith had heard something. It looked like he hadn't, though he was regarding me with suspicion, probably knowing that I was cooking up another scheme. I smiled sweetly at him and turned back to Vivi.

"I'm gonna get him drunk," I whispered.

Vivi rolled her eyes. "Reality check, Chlo, it's not gonna work."

"It will,"

"Chloe, the guy doesn't frickin drink."

"I am aware of that! Which is why I need a good plan. Are you in?"

Vivi smiled. "Of course I'm in."

I turned to Keith and stuck my tongue out at him. He ignored me and looked straight ahead. I snorted.

"I suppose you find Mrs. Thompson interesting, huh? Nah, that's impossible. God, that is such a funny thought, you romancing someone," I said and giggled. Keith tensed and I looked at him in surprise. Had I struck a nerve?

"I don't suppose you're capable of love, are you? Who'd love a prude like you? You need to love, Keith. Soften up," I said, waiting for a reaction.

"Chloe just listen to the class," he growled quietly. Vivi stirred nervously but I wasn't scared. I knew Keith and I knew he would never do anything to hurt me.

"Who was she, huh? Who messed you up so bad-"

Keith slammed his fist on the table and I jumped, but I was smirking inside.

"Don't make me do something I'll regret," he warned me. I smiled and turned to the front. The teacher looked nervously at Keith and resumed teaching.

When we walked out of class, I apologized to Keith.

"Look I'm sorry, I was just teasing you," I said.

"Please don't repeat it."

"But why're you being so touchy about it? I tease you all the time, but you're never this extra!"

"Listen here Chloe, I know I'm a paid professional and I try my very best to act like one. But I am a human too and there are some things that are just unacceptable. So please, just ignore my existence and mind your own business," he said sternly.

I was shocked. I don't think he'd ever spoken to me like that before. I walked in a daze as we joined Cedric and headed to the cafeteria. Keith was right. I had been really mean to him. Why was I so intent on learning his secrets anyway? I should just leave him alone.

"Chloe? Chloe!" Cedric was saying, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Yes? What?"

"What's up with her?" Cedric asked Vivian. Vivian nervously glanced at Keith before speaking.

"Uh, Keith and Chloe had an argument."

"So? That happens every two seconds," Cedric said.

"Yea but Keith got really pissed. I mean he sort of growled at her and slammed his fist on the table and told her off," she said. What a telltale. It's a good thing she didn't have any siblings.

"What the hell dude?" Cedric said, rounding up on Keith, though Keith was atleast half a foot taller than him.

"Look Cedric, it's okay, don't sweat it," I said. Keith and Cedric got along pretty well and I didn't want to be the cause of a fight between them.

"You can't just do that! You're supposed to protect her, not insult and humiliate-" Cedric continued, ignoring me.

"Cedric stop! I'm the one who brought it on, I tipped him over. It's my fault, please, don't fight," I pleaded.

Cedric glared at him and walked ahead.

"You don't really need a bodyguard. Cedric is more than enough," Vivian said.

"I don't need a bodyguard. Period." I said wearily.

Alexa and George were already there when we reached our table.

"Hey! How many of you have Chemistry next period?" Alexa asked randomly.

"Chloe, Vivi and I. Why?" Cedric asked.

"You've got it free. You're welcome," George said.

"Oh god, what did you guys do?" Dylan asked, laughing. 

"She paired everyone. Yea, she's pairing by the way, so you guys will get paired next Chem class. Anyways, she made the mistake of pairing George with me. Let's just say it didn't end very well," Alexa said and we laughed. Alexa and George are twins and are the biggest pranksters around. I looked at my group of friends, happiness welling inside me. The six of us have been friends for as long as I can remember. We've always had each others backs and they've helped me through some seriously shitty times. I don't know what I'd do without these idiots.