15

I sat next to Dylan in class, feeling awkward.

"Hey, didn't see you at your locker today?" Dylan said.

"Uh, yea. I woke up late," I said.

He rolled his eyes and tousled my hair. "Idiot."

I forced a smile. Is this why he packed on the PDA when we were in school? To prove to everyone that he's straight. I was hurt he hadn't told me. All the times he'd flirted with me like it was the most natural thing in the world... did he always lie so easily? And why was he hiding it, being gay was nothing to be ashamed of. Did he seriously think I would judge him for his sexuality? That shit hurt.

"What's wrong?" Dylan asked.

"Huh? Oh, nothing's wrong. Why?"

"You're acting weird..."

I sighed. "Never mind."

"Chloe..."

"Fine! I'll tell you at lunch, ok?"

He settled down after that and I dreaded lunch.

"It's lunch," Dylan stated.

"Yea, we know," Vivi said. I groaned.

"Chloe, it's lunch," Dylan said again.

"I thought you would've forgotten," I said.

Caleb eyed us suspiciously. "I'm confused..."

"We'll be right back," I huffed and dragged Dylan away. Once we were in a deserted corridor, I glared at him.

"I hope you realize that once I tell you, you'll wish I hadn't," I said.

Dylan looked suddenly worried. "I will?"

"Definitely," I nodded.

"Ok..." he said cautiously, "go ahead."

I took a deep breath. "I know."

"You know what?"

"About, um... you. And Levi."

Dylan paled and staggered backwards, leaning against the locker for support. "H-how..."

"Party at Sean's. I saw you both, er, making out..."

"Shit," he mumbled, putting his head in his hands. "I'm sorry..."

"I don't understand why you didn't tell me. You could've told me at least!"

"I'm so sorry Chloe, I was afraid..."

"Afraid of what, Dylan?! Afraid of my reaction? Afraid I would judge you? Well that says a lot about what you think of me!" I said angrily and turned to walk away.

"No, Chloe wait! It's not like that, I was just-" he sighed wearily. "It's kinda irreversible, you know? Once it's out, it's out. There's no turning back after that. And that frightened me, I guess."

That's when I imagined what it must be like for him. Living in a high-and-mighty society as the son of prominent people and studying in an elitist school... He must've been so confused and devastated about his sexual orientation and scared about the reactions of those around him. Poor Dylan...

I hugged him hard, taking him by surprise. He froze and slowly wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tight. Being shorter, my arms were basically just wrapped around his torso. It felt good, I love hugging.

I tried to pull away after some time but he didn't let go, so we just stood there for some time till we heard a voice.

"Aha! There you are!"