7

When Vivi and I walked in, heads turned and eyes followed us. I wasn't surprised because we are, after all, Markwell and Everett and Vivi looked like a model and she'd cleaned me up well too. I guess I should've felt flattered but I wished they wouldn't stare. I didn't like being the center of attention.

We spotted Dylan and walked over to him. He was talking to that cute guy we'd seen at the gas station when we were on the roadtrip.

"Dylan!" I said and hugged him. 

I smiled at the cute guy. "Hey. Levi, right?"

"Yeah. Hi Chloe."

"Levi, this is Vivian Markwell. Vivi, this is Levi Carter, a friend of mine at André Academy," Dylan said. Cedric joined us just then and Dylan introduced him too.

"When is the damn dinner gonna start already, I'm starving," I complained. Levi laughed.

"You're always hungry," Vivi said, rolling her eyes.

"It'll start in about... five minutes," Levi said, looking at his Rolex.

Through the main doors came another family. I recognized the woman as Dr. Rose Eaton from the hospital. Beside her was Caleb and damn, he looked hot. He was wearing a black tux with a white shirt and a dark blue tie. His normally messy hair was swept back and damn he looked sexy as hell.

Every girl's eyes were on him. His eyes wandered and smiled when they landed on mine. He walked straight towards me and I swear my heart skipped a beat.

"Hi," he said, smiling.

"Hey."

"You look... beautiful," he said softly.

I blushed. "Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself."

Cedric cleared his throat loudly. "Hey there Caleb."

Caleb smiled at the others. "Hello Cedric, Vivian, Dylan and... I don't know you," he said, looking at Levi.

"Hey, I'm Levi Carter. I go to André."

"Oh. Hi."

"Um, Chloe? I think I should warn you-" Cedric was saying but I tuned out when I saw something that made my heart drop. Chace freaking Everett, walking towards me.

"Is that Chace?!" I exclaimed.

"Yea, that's kinda what I was telling you..." Cedric trailed off hesitantly, studying my expression.

There was a girl with him. He stopped in front of me, wearing his infamous smirk that so many girls had their heart broken over. It only aggravated me.

"Hello sister."

"Brother. What are you doing here?"

"College is off for a week or two. Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Thrilled," I said through gritted teeth.

"Good. Meet my girlfriend-"

"Your what?!"

Chace didn't date. He slept around a whole lot but he just never had the time to commit to an actual relationship. I guess this girl had changed that. Huh.

"My girlfriend, Vicky."

He knew I hated it when he called me Vicky. The girl held out her hand.

"Hey, I'm Carson Smith."

"Chloe Victoria Everett," I said, shaking her hand. She was wearing a sheer silver dress that ended mid-thigh and her white blond hair was straight and long. She had quite a bit of makeup on and was wearing really high stilettos.