9

"Wow, girl. When I'm in town nothing happens. The moment I step out, you get a crush, almost kiss your ex, there's dating rumours with none other than Dylan and move in with your absentee parents, vindictive brother and bitchy girlfriend? Whoa," Alexa said. I sighed, my head hanging upside down on the bed, my hair brushing the carpeted floor. I was talking with Alexa on the phone.

"What crush are you talking about? I don't have a crush on anyone," I said.

"Oh please, if Eaton wasn't making lovey dovey eyes at you, even I would have a crush on him." she said.

"What! Caleb does not make lovey dovey eyes at me! That's ridiculous!"

"Sure babe, whatever rocks your boat."

"What the hell dude."

"Moving on, how's living with the devils?"

"Awful. It's bloody awful," I groaned.

"Mahn, I feel so bad for you."

"Then come rescue me!"

"I would, but I would get into a shit ton of trouble especially since I'm already grounded for setting George's bed on fire."

"What?!"

"Long story short, he walked in on me making out with the hot guy from Starbucks and took a pic for blackmail so I set his bed on fire. Guess who won't be making out on their bed anytime soon."

"Wow, I have so many questions."

"Don't bother, sweetie. I'll be back soon and I'm sure between the six of us, we can screw Chace royally."

That cheered me up. "I can't wait."

"Gotta go, sis. I think I smell something burning in my room."

I laughed. "Okay, bye. Try not to die."

"No promises," she said and hung up. I sighed and got up, pacing around the room. I'd done my homework and now I was restless. Normally I'd just go to Cedric's room or visit Vivi or work out but I didn't feel like leaving my room, knowing that Chace and Carson were out there. Carson was working out in the gym downstairs so that option was out. I finally grabbed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows from my bookshelf and started reading.

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I called out. Mother entered, closing the door behind her. I sat up straight.

"It's time for dinner," she said.

"You came to call me for dinner?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you just send Ciara?"

"Just come, Chloe."

I got up and stretched. "Fine," I said and walked to the door.

"Wait, where do you think you're going?"

"Um, to eat dinner?" I said, confused. Honestly what's wrong with this woman?

"Wearing that?"

Oh. "There's nothing wrong with what I'm wearing," I said sighing.

"Chloe, you're wearing yoga pants and a shirt that reads Keep Calm And Fuck Off," mother said angrily.

"So? Why should I dress up?"

"Because this is a proper family dinner and we follow the proper etiquette. You can't just waltz in to dinner in a nightgown. You're not under Hugo's and Evelyn's roof anymore. You're here and you'll follow our rules."