18

"Ooh, let's go to Zara!" Alexa said and Zara laughed. We were wandering aimlessly in the mall.

"Sure," Vivi smiled and we entered the store.

"Ok, everyone pick your favourite four outfits and we'll meet at the dressing rooms in five. Ok?"

We nodded and went different ways. I saw a beautiful shimmery golden dress and draped it over my arm. Next was a cute crop top and shorts. I walked between aisles of jumpsuits and ran into none other than Shannon Foxton.

I averted my eyes and was about to walk away but she stood in my way.

"Well well if it isn't miss princess," she sneered, arms crossed.

I sighed. "What do you want, Shannon?"

"Nothing that you can give me. Except maybe Adrian Winters. Or Caleb Eaton. Or Dylan Brown. Or-"

"What the fuck are you going on about? I don't own these boys!"

"You've got them wrapped around your little finger, you slut."

"You're deranged. And for the millionth time, Dylan is my best friend. Why can't you prey on the other single guys?"

"Ah, where's the fun in that? It's much more fun taking someone else's. I wonder how you'd react if I stole Eaton," she drawled smugly and I balled my fists.

"You sick fucking lunat-"

"You know I can do it if I try," she continued, pushing her chest out and twirling a lock of hair on her index finger. "I can give Eaton what he wants, unlike you."

I wanted to beat her senseless and rip her fucking hair out. I lunged forward but was held back by Keith. Fucking bodyguard.

"Keith! Let me go! Fuck!"

Shannon was laughing. She was fucking laughing. That crazy bitch.

I heard soft clicking of heels behind me and saw Zara, looking surprised at the scene.

"Chloe? What's going on?"

"Shannon's being a bitch and Keith won't let me beat her up."

Shannon laughed. "She's just jealous because she knows I could steal Eaton in a second."

Zara scoffed. "With what? Implants and extensions? I've heard he's anti-plastic."

Shannon looked like she'd been slapped.

"And anyways," Zara continued, "since you clearly don't have the looks, it's not like he's gonna fall for your shitty personality and nonexistent brains. Seriously dude, you look like you walked out of a charity store with that cheap miniskirt that covers nothing and crop top that reveals everything. I really don't understand how you thought anyone would ever choose a minus ten over a ten."

Shannon was speechless and I was laughing so damn hard.

"Come on, Chloe. I've made the poor thing mute," she sassed and sashayed away. I followed her, still laughing.

"Mahn, that was amazing! You sassed the hell outta her!"

Zara shrugged. "No one insults my friends."

I wished I could stand tall and face the world with sass and grace like her. I shook my head, smiling as we ditched the clothes and headed to the food court.

I watched in surprise as Zara devoured a chicken burger, looking elegant as she ate it ravenously.

"Is there a reason why you're staring at me?" Zara asked me bluntly.