33

"Yooo, check this out," Alexa said and I went over to her. I peered at her phone and laughed.

"You joined Tinder?"

"Yeah! You won't believe the amount of hot guys on this."

Vivi shook her head and laughed.

It had been nearly four months since the whole Markov fiasco and things were as good as ever. Alexa and I had made up and we were back to normal. It had taken two months to get Keith back to normal and now he didn't leave my side at all. Father had said that once Markov was caught, Keith wouldn't have to work for me anymore.

Markov was on the run. Apparently he'd been spotted in Wales and then in China but by the time the police reached there, he was gone. Turns out he's actually Russian and his real name is...

"Wait what was Markov's real name?" I asked.

Dylan shrugged. "I don't remember. Why?"

I shook my head. "Just wondering."

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch hour. Caleb, Cedric and George were still at practice so we headed to class.

When I stepped out of school there was a police car and everyone was staring and whispering, probably wondering who was getting arrested. I recognized the two cops as the ones who'd been working on my case.

Officer Linton smiled at me. "Hello Chloe."

Everyone's eyes turned to me. I waved awkwardly.

"Hi. What are you doing here?"

"We bring good news," said Officer Hopp.

"And you couldn't have just called me to the station?" I asked.

"What's the good news?" Vivi asked.

They smiled at me. "Your kidnapper has been caught."

I gaped at them. "What? What?!"

"Really?!" Dylan exclaimed.

"Oh my god!" Vivi and Alexa squealed and hugged me.

"Yes. They found him in Morocco."

I hugged the officers. "Oh my god, thank you!"

They shrugged modestly.

"What's all the commotion? Why are the cops here?" Cedric asked.

I turned to him and Caleb with shining eyes. "They caught Markov!"

His eyes widened in shock. "What? Really?!"

"Yeah!"

Caleb hugged me tight. "Finally."

I didn't know I was crying till Caleb stroked a thumb over my cheek and it came off wet.

"Don't cry," he said softly.

"It's over. It's all over," I whispered.

He smiled and kissed the top of my head. "Indeed it is."

I had spent the last four months looking over my shoulder, too afraid to be out at night and paranoid when any stranger stared at me for too long. I had vivid nightmares and was awfully afraid that Markov would come back for revenge. But it was over now. It was all over.

"Do you want to come over to mine?" Caleb asked.

I nodded. "Yea-"

Cedric cleared his throat. "Actually, Chloe your parents want you home right now."