30

Hey guys!
Once again, I'm terribly sorry for the slow update. It's been a crazy week. The Royal Crush is nearing its end! Let me know what you think in the comments, I'd love to hear your opinions on the story.
Peace!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Alexa did come to school the next day. George stuck by her side as she kept her head down and headed to her locker. Everyone had heard of what had happened and they were all staring and whispering. I kinda felt bad for her but then I remembered she slept with my ex.

A strong pair of arms snaked around my waist and a familiar scent filled my senses. I smiled and turned.

"Morning, beautiful," Caleb said and kissed my forehead.

I grinned. "Morning."

Suddenly we heard a shout as a fight broke out. We looked over and Caleb cursed under his breath.

"What the fuck is he doing?" he muttered.

I squinted at the flying arms and fists and saw that one of them was Holt Tucker. Neither of them was backing down and a crowd was gathering. I noticed Zara standing to the side with a hand over her mouth as she watched the fight in horror.

Caleb cursed again and went to pull Holt away from the other guy. It took a few minutes but Caleb finally managed to drag Holt away. Holt glared at the other boy, who I now recognized as a junior, with burning eyes.

"Say shit like that again and I'll make sure it's the last thing you ever say," he spat and shook his arm free from Caleb's grip before storming off.

I turned to Zara with wide eyes.

"What... what the hell was that?" I asked.

Zara looked pained. "Oh god... Tucker and I were talking and that guy came and was talking to Tucker and he made a... very rude comment about me. And then Tucker went all crazy on him."

I tried hard to keep a smug grin off my face. "I see."

Zara rolled her eyes at my expression. "It's not funny!"

I shook my head, holding back laughter. "Of course."

Zara narrowed her eyes at me and I lost it.

"That was so cute!" I said, laughing.

Zara's eyebrows jumped up in disbelief. "How is that cute?!"

"He fought that guy to defend your honour!"

Zara scoffed. "He'd do that for anyone."

"Nope. You know Holt, he's such a sweet guy. I was surprised when I found out he's the football team because he's just not a jock kinda guy. He wouldn't willingly start a fight. But he did, for you. Damn he must really like you," I said.

Zara sighed. "Don't go there."

My brows furrowed. "Why not? He's cute, he's a really nice guy, very sweet. And he's clearly crazy about you."

"Chloe, I can never love him. I'm a Muslim, I don't just date people. Besides, I already like someone else. Tucker is an amazing person and deserves someone who will love him as much as he loves her."

I pressed my lips together. Zara was right, I hadn't thought of that.

"So what are you gonna do?" I asked.

Zara shrugged. "I have no idea. I keep dropping hints that we're just friends but he hasn't made a move or anything yet, so... I don't know. Hopefully he'll get the idea."