16

I walked into Vivian's room and walked right back out when I realized she was making out with Cedric. I'd finished the essay as soon as I could and left Dylan and Levi alone. I would have to talk to him later, give him the usual "boyfriend" talk that I gave to the boyfriends of my bestfriends.

I sighed and headed downstairs, wandering to the kitchens.

"Heyyy," I drawled.

The maid smiled at me. "Hello Miss Chloe. Vivian is upstairs."

"Yea, with Cedric," I made a face and she laughed. I opened the fridge and took out some apple juice. I then took a wine glass and poured the apple juice into it pretentiously. Vivi's maid Anita was watching me, smiling.

I took a tentative sip and pretended to roll it around in my mouth.

"Hmm," I said, swallowing it. "France. Eighty four years?"

Anita laughed. "Eighty four?"

"I suppose so," I drawled. "Whatcha starin' at, punk?" I mock snapped at her and she laughed harder at my accent. I continued my antics while Anita laughed helplessly.

"Chloe?"

Vivi and Cedric stood at the doorway.

"Oh hey," I said standing up. "I came upstairs but you guys were busy."

Vivi blushed and Cedric smirked.

"Come on," Vivi said. I followed them to her room.

"What's up," Cedric said, leaning against the headboard.

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush. Are you guys mad at me?"

"No, why?" Cedric asked.

"Actually," Vivi started and I braced myself. "We're just hurt that you're hiding something from us."

"What? I'm not hiding anything," I denied.

Vivi sighed and sat down. "See, that's the problem. We know you are, but you deny it. If it's something you can't tell us, tell us that. Don't lie."

I sighed and sat on a futon. "What do you want to know?"

"What's going on between you and Dylan?"

"I wish I could tell you, I really do, but it's not my secret to tell. I can assure you we're not romantically involved. We are friends, nothing more, nothing less."

"Thank you," Vivi said. "I appreciate that,"

"Just shut up and hug me bitch," I mumbled and she laughed.

"I don't like being mad at you," she said, hugging me. "I was just hurt. I thought Dylan and you were together and not telling me. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said, hugging her back.

Cedric yawned loudly. "Are you two done?"

I pulled away and glared at him. "Shut up, jerk."

"So how's my ship coming up?" Vivi asked me.

"Your what?" I asked.

"You know, you and Eaton. I still haven't come up with a ship name."

I rolled my eyes. "We hung out today, after school."

"Where?" Cedric asked, eyebrow raised.

"Starbucks."

"Ooh! A date!"

'Why do you guys keep saying that? It wasn't a date, we were just hanging out," I said, throwing my hands up.

"Yea sure," Vivi said and I rolled my eyes at her.