2

Vivi and I went to the library while Cedric went to the gym.

"Why the library," Vivi said, rolling her eyes. "It's so boring."

Vivian was the kind of person who preferred movies over books. I glared at her. "Just because you don't like reading, don't insult the library! Go use the computer or something."

I went to the general fiction section and began to scan the titles, feeling comfortable and calm. I was in my element. Something about the library and the rows and rows of books had a beautiful effect on me. I spotted a Dan Brown book and tried to take it, but I couldn't reach it. I wasn't short, but I wasn't tall either so I sighed and fetched the small step-ladder. I took the book and scanned the blurb, not bothering to get off the ladder. I opened the book and held it close to my face, taking a deep breath. I love the smell of books.

There was a chuckle behind me and I twisted to look who it was, which was a bad idea because I fell off the stepladder. I waited for my face to meet the floor, but my face instead connected with another hard surface. A chest.

I backed away and faced the guy I'd fallen on. He was tall, with dark brown hair and one hell of an impressive jawline. But that wasn't what caught me off-guard. It was his beautiful green eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," he said smiling and I tried not to swoon at his pearly whites.

"Nah it's ok," I muttered.

"It looked like I was interrupting a special moment," he said, green eyes twinkling.

"Hey! I love the smell of books," I said defensively.

"Can't blame you," he said, leaning against a bookshelf. He was wearing a white V-neck, jeans and Converse. I tried not to stare at his perfect body.

"Really? So you agree that books smell heavenly?" I asked.

He chuckled and nodded. "Of course,"

He seemed familiar, I'd seen him around.

"Do I know you?" I asked and immediately felt stupid. 

He shrugged. "We do share a few classes..."

"Oh."

How come I'd never noticed such a hottie before?

"I'm Caleb Eaton, by the way."

I gasped. "Oh! The running back!"

Caleb laughed. "Yes. I assumed you knew me, since Cedric and George are  in the team."

"Oh sorry, I didn't recognize you," I said sheepishly.

"I'm not surprised," he said, his eyes boring into mine. Damn, I'd never seen eyes as beautiful as his dark green ones...

I cleared my throat and picked up the book that I'd dropped when I fell.

"I, uh, I gotta go," I said. 

He nodded. "Um, okay sure. See you around."

I smiled and walked towards Vivian who was watching something on a computer.

"Come on, let's go," I said and she sighed in relief.

"Finally. Did you get your book?"

I nodded and borrowed it. We walked towards the gym. It was empty except for Cedric, who was shooting hoops.

"Hey nerd, hey blondie," Cedric called out when he saw us.

"Hey loser," I called out. Knowing that his body was probably aching from intense work out, I went up to him and punched his shoulder.