27

I felt like someone had poured a bucket of ice cold water over me.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "It's not your bracelet."

Alexa took it from Vivi and studied it closely. "It is. See this scuff mark? That's from when George and I fought at a party. But I lost it so long ago, I think at the stupid frat party."

The frat party. So the guy she'd gotten high and hooked up with was... oh my god I needed to sit down.

"What? What's wrong?" Alexa asked.

I looked up to see Vivi looking as horrified as I felt. Someone ran past us then skidded to a halt and walked towards us. I looked up and saw Dylan with Levi piggyback riding. Under different circumstances I would've laughed at how adorable they were.

"Hey!" Levi said and jumped down. That's when they noticed our expressions.

"You two look like you've seen a ghost," said Dylan. "What's wrong?"

"I asked them but they're not answering," Alexa shrugged. I didn't know what to feel, but I wanted her to shut up. My voice, however, seemed to have deserted me.

"Levi," Vivi said calmly. "Could you please get Cedric?"

"Sure," Levi said and ran off.

"Vivi, you don't have to do this," I said. I had heard the anger in her voice. And though I was angry too, I didn't want to make a scene.

"Actually I do," Vivi said. "You might be some sort of forgiving saint and you may be over it, but I can't just let it pass. This is fucking unbelievable."

"What's going on?" Dylan asked.

Cedric jogged over with George. Oh wonderful, we've got the whole crew. Probably sensing private matters, Levi walked away.

"Hey," Cedric said with a lazy smile. "What's up?"

"What's up is that one of our best friends slept with one of our boyfriend," Vivi said through gritted teeth.

Alexa went white. She clutched the cup so tight that it got crushed but she didn't notice. Whatever hope I had that it might not be true, got crushed with the cup in her hand.

"Wait, what?" Cedric asked in confusion.

"Remember when Alexa got high at a frat party and hooked up with "a guy she knew"? Well that guy was Adrian and this was when he was still dating Chloe."

I looked down at my feet, the expressions on everyone's faces was too much. I was well and over Adrian and his cheating ass but the fact that it was Alexa stung so hard. Betrayal couldn't even begin to describe how I felt. We'd been friends for so fucking long, how could she do this? And even if it had been a drunk mistake, she'd still hidden it from me for almost a year now. She'd slept with my boyfriend, causing us to break up, and then acted like nothing had happened. How did she do it?

Dylan was the first one to break the awful silence. "No. No way. Is this true, Alexa?"

"Chloe I'm so sorry!" Alexa sobbed. Well, that answered his question.

"Chloe please," Alexa cried. "I was high, I didn't know what I was doing."

Vivi scoffed.

"It was a mistake, Vivi," George defended Alexa. Oh wow.

"You knew?!" Cedric asked incredulously. I could almost feel his anger coming. This was not going to end well.

"George, look me in the eyes and tell me that your sister sleeping with her best friend's boyfriend and then hiding it from her for months was an honest mistake. Tell me, George," Vivi snapped.