25

I burst out laughing when Caleb walked in wearing a hoodie with the hood up, covering his hair. His hands were jammed in his pockets and he scowled as he walked past me.

"So what's the big surprise?" Cedric asked.

"George, can you walk past Caleb and inconspicuously knock his hood off?"

"Sure, I can do that," George said and walked towards Caleb. He ran a hand through his hair with his elbow sticking out and brushed past Caleb, neatly knocking the hood off. The whole corridor gasped.

I burst out laughing again at Caleb's expression. But damn, was there a colour that didn't suit this boy? How come his hair was hot pink and he still looked good enough to eat?

"Oh my god, he looks ridiculous!" Vivi laughed.

"He does?" I asked.

"Of course, his hair is bright pink!"

I composed myself and laughed. "Yeah, totally. Only Justin Bieber can pull off that colour."

"How did you even do that?" Dylan asked.

"Hair dye in his shampoo," I said and looked over at Caleb. He was practically glowering. He slammed his locker shut, glaring daggers at me, and walked away.

Holt Tucker walked up to me. "That was epic!" he said and fist-bumped me.

I laughed and walked to class, feeling satisfied. Several people came up to me, mostly Caleb's friends, and told me I'd done a good job. I felt proud, till Math rolled around. I reached into my backpack for a pencil and squealed when my fingers touched something slimy.

Mr. Farrow raised an eyebrow at me. "Is something the matter, Miss Everett?"

I shook my head and opened my backpack. And screamed.

"Miss Everett!" Mr. Farrow reprimanded.

My blazing eyes searched the class and landed on a very smug Caleb. That sneaky bastard!

Next to me, Alexa peered into my backpack and screamed.

"Someone put worms in your bag!" she squealed.

"I know!" I exclaimed. 

The girl in front of me squealed and jumped away. Soon there was utter chaos.

"Class! Calm down! Miss Everett, take your bag away!" Mr. Farrow shouted.

Repulsed, I stared helplessly at my bag. Keith, my knight without shining armour, grabbed the bag and led me out of class. I gave Caleb a cold glare as I left and the asshole grinned at me.

"That's my favourite bag! What the hell are we gonna do with it now?" I said in exasperation. The bag was Givenchy, it was a birthday gift from Aunt.

"We'll have to get the worms out somehow," Keith said.

"Normally I'd just throw it away, but this bag is special," I said. "Ugh, I'm going to kill Caleb!"

"Well, you did dye his hair pin-"

"Whose fucking side are you on?!"

"Fine," he said. "You are the weirdest girl I've worked for."

I rolled my eyes and headed to the field. We walked to a corner and Keith emptied the contents of my bag. I squealed and jumped away as the worms started wriggling around. Stupid slimy wriggly little shits.

Keith carefully picked up my books and stationary, making sure they were worm-free, and handed them to me. I held it gingerly, terrified that a worm may crawl out at any moment. Keith inspected the inside of my bag carefully.