one;

"Mendoza! Get up, you're out." Parish said.

"Huh? Dude I didn't take anything I swear. Man, what's this about?" I questioned as the guard literally dragged me by my collar.

I couldn't help but panic a little.
I've gone through some really messed up shit growing up. Let's just say my mom wasn't really stable. Then child protective services came and put me into a foster home. Which definitely was a mistake. The foster father was an insanely abusive alcoholic. Anyway, apparently nobody wants to keep a psychotic girl with daddy issues. That's why I'm here, in juvie.

"The fuck?" I muttered as he unchained my hand cuffs off me.

"You're out." Parish said as he nodded at the door.

"W-what? No fucking way, but w-"

"Listen, you wanna fuckin stay in juvie or what?" Parish rolled his eyes at me making my eyes widen. I didn't look back once as I made my way to the other security guard who was waiting to give me my clothes.

I changed out of the disgusting blue tracksuit they make us wear and put on a black long sleeve baggy shirt and light black boyfriend jeans that had a bunch of holes. I held my coin necklace that my dad gave me and placed it on my lips out of instinct.

(fit above)

(fit above)

I looked at the mirror and winced as I touched the cut on my lip. A couple of days ago I got into a fight with these girls because I didn't wanna join their gang. Now my lip is busted and my eye is a little bruised.

I ran my hands through my hair and slid on the ankle socks and my black vans, not caring to tie the shoe laces I walk out wondering what the hell is going on.

-

After hours of sitting in Denny's with my social worker and him making a bunch of calls while I just devoured a bunch of food, he finally found someone who was willing to take me.

Apparently he knew this lady and she fostered other kids. I'm praying they don't fuck with me and she's not a lunatic.

"Come on, Alex." David, my social worker, said as he nudged me into the exit. 

"Lena, this is Alex. She's had trouble with male authorities which is why-" David was interrupted.

"Why you thought of me." Lena finished as she nodded understandably.

My eyes were glued to the ground. A million thoughts raced through my head as I wondered how much was she getting paid to look after me? where was she gonna make me sleep? what the fuck is going on.

"Listen, it'll only be for a few weeks." David added causing me to look up.

"Oh my goodness," Lena said under her breath as she observed my busted face.

"Uh, she got into a fight with a couple of inmates." David said as Lena kept looking at me.

I could tell from her eyes that she was pitying me and it took everything in me not to roll my eyes.

"It's just for a few weeks, right? Ok." Lena said smiling lightly at me.

-

I sat down in the dining table as two other teens my age came down the stairs and started setting the table. They both gave me weird looks until Lena spoke up.

"Alex, you know Mariana and Jesus were in the foster program, too." Lena explained.

I looked up and realized Jesus was staring at me. Weird.

"They came to us about 8 years ago and we adopted them around 5 years ago." Lena continued as Mariana smiled at me like I was a charity case.

"Where's the bathroom?" I quickly asked. Lena pointed me to it and I rushed into it immediately locking the door.

I took a deep breathe trying to hold myself together. I washed my face with cold water and took another deep breathe.

"You're ok." I tried convincing myself.

This is going to be okay, I hope.

this chapter boring asf, buT IT GETS BETTER I SWEARRR

k love y'all hehe