twenty six;

Alex's POV

I sighed as I squeezed myself into the cafeteria line. All I want is some damn french fries. Everyone was so fucking loud and obnoxious, here.

Billie and I were both craving some, so naturally I battled her in an intense match of rock, papar, scissors, which I clearly lost in.

"Hey! Alex!"

I turned my head around to be face to face with Andrea. Great. I rolled my eyes and looked in front of me, deciding to ignore her.

"Alex! Please let me talk to you." Andrea begged as she moved closer to me, while grabbing my hand. My head instantly shot up as I felt her cold hand on mine. I sent her the strongest glare I could muster up, causing her to quickly remove her hand.

"Look, we've been best friends for like, five years. Please just hear what I have to say." She pressed, giving me a sad expression, making my heart ache.

I sighed as I realized it was about to be my turn to order. "Alright, just give me a minute." I stated blankly. I walked forward and quickly ordered some fries. I grabbed the tray and walked over to Andrea, who was biting her nails. It was always a nervous habit, she used to do it a lot more when we were in middle school.

"Talk." I muttered as I popped a fry into my mouth. I could feel people's eyes on us as she speaked, they were probably waiting for another catfight to unfold.

"Um...Can we go somewhere more private?" She asked carefully. I sighed as I nodded, walking over to the end of the cafeteria, where only a few people were sitting at. I ate another fry as I placed the tray on the empty table to our right.

"Alex, I know I messed up. I really really did. I went off the rails and what I did was completely fucked up, I know that. I-I guess what I'm trying to say is..I'm sorry. What I did wasn't okay." Andrea says.

I scoff as I look up at her, "That is a fat ass understatement. What you did was far from okay. I trusted you, I've always trusted you.  But you go behind my back and do all this shit to hurt me, I-I don't understand. Why did you all of it in the first place?" I furrowed my brows as I looked at the ground, trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

Andrea sighed as she stepped closer to me, "The truth is...I was just so fucking jealous. I felt like I was out of your life for such a short period of time and it was so easy for you to replace me with Billie. And that shit hurt. Then, when I saw you guys making out, I just freaked. I know I was way out of line and what I did was messed up...But Alex, we've been friends for so long I just really hope we can move past this. I'm so sorry okay? I really miss you." She smiled at me sadly, as she grabbed my hand and held it.

I sighed as I looked into her eyes. I couldn't help but question whether she really meant that. She abandoned my trust once before, doesn't mean she won't do it again. But then again, we've gone through so much together and I wanted to believe her. I felt completely torn.

"Please say something." She pleaded.

"Okay." I muttered softly nodding my head. A huge grin instantly broke into her face as she let out a loud squeal. She quickly wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me into a tight embrace, which I hesitantly returned.

"But, look. This doesn't mean we're back to the way things were. I'm gonna need a lot more time-"

"Take all the time you need, Alex. I completely understand. I'm just so happy you're giving me another chance." She laughed a little.

"Me too." I sent her a small smile.

I grabbed my tray and walked back to my table, joining all my friends.