1:0 Encounter

As a loud bang was heard from the kitchen, Lisa puzzledly sat up from her bed. She was surrounded by the darkness that filled her room. The LED clock on her nightstand struck 3 a.m. Her breathing was rapid and heavy. The loud noise had startled her awake from her slumber. She expeditiously grabbed her alert remote and pressed the button that alerted her brother's-Kunpimook- room.

Lisa once was very sick. In and out of hospitals kind of sick. She needed a lot of attention -they say- so her parents installed an alert remote in her room. This will allow an alarm to go off anywhere in the house, signaling that she needed some kind of help immediately.

The idea of the remote never was ideal to her. Besides she's a freaking 18 year old. She can take care of herself, right? She doesn't need a god damn alert remote. Right?

A few seconds later her brother came charging in. "Liz?!", she turned to the door and saw her brother running towards her. "W-What was that loud noise?", she asked hesitantly. Her brother sat beside her and gave her a tight-lipped smile. "Mom and Dad are just going at it again. Don't worry, it's just a little argument."

"Are you sure? The noise was pretty frightening."

Her brother let out a chuckle and shook his head. "I'm certain. Now go back to sleep it's too early for you to be awake. You have school tomorrow.", her brother told her, as he tried tucking her in. Lisa held his wrist, causing her brother to halt. He looked up at her with a confused face.

"I think I need some fresh air." Even though her older brother had said everything is alright, she knew it wasn't true. Her parents fighting wasn't anything out of the ordinary, well not anymore. The Manoban Family was always a figure of sunshine to the public. Her father-Marco Manoban- was heir to one of the multi-billionaire CEO in South Korea. The Manoban Family is now one of the many important politicians in Korea.

Her mother-Pranpriya Bruschweiler- on the other hand, is just a normal, young, Thai female who coincidently met her father in high school and fell in love with him. They were made to be the phrase of "high school sweethearts". But like any normal love, this one has its ups and downs. Her mother was not born to a rich descendant. She was just lucky enough to get into a university in South Korea using her high grades in academics.

"Liz, it's the middle of the night. You can't be serious, right?" Her brother gazed at her. She could tell he was concerned. Whenever she needed to breathe or get something off her chest, she always takes walks. Which are basically strolls around the block or to the nearby park.

"I won't be long, please." she replied, almost pleading. He finally sighs in defeat. "Fine. Go through the back door so mom and dad won't see you. I expect you to be back not an hour later." She got out of bed and slipped on a pair of converse and an over-sized hoodie. "I'll be quick." she promised and headed for the stairs.

As the 1st floor approached closer and closer, and the sound of her parents yelling became more deafening, the rhythm of her heart beats were getting out of control. She stopped at the end of the staircase and took in a deep breathe. She absentmindedly peeked over the wall that blocked her from the living area and the kitchen. The sight of her mother crying and her father with a long face broke her heart. Her parents tried to work it out, but every time always leads to an argument.

Quietly, she tiptoed and made her way towards the back door. When she stepped outside, she once again took a deep breathe, calming herself. Hurriedly but carefully, she managed to slip out of her backward. All she heard were her footsteps and distant crickets as she walked. The streets were empty, only occupied by a few parked cars on the side.