chasing the sun

Tord sighed, looking out the window. England was great and all, but he was starting to get bored. Tord wasn't one of those people to stay in one place long.

Tord stood up, grabbing a sheet of paper, and a pencil. He had to leave. He would say goodbye to his friends in person, but they'd just beg him to stay, and he'd feel guilty for even wanting to leave in the first place. He sighed, sitting at the kitchen table. He tapped his pencil against the table a few times, before finally starting his letter.

'Hey you guys! I bet you're wondering why I've left you a note. Well, I've decided to leave. Not because of you guys, but because of me. I can't stay in one place for too long, I need adventures. I know it's selfish of me to not be telling you this in person, but I honestly couldn't bear to do it. I'm sorry for fighting with you all of those times, Tom. I actually like you a lot! Edd, thank you so much for being a great friend. Matt, stay yourself. You're great! I hope to see all of you on my adventures.
I'm off to chase the sun.
-Tord.'

Tord smiled, looking at his letter. That'll do, right? Tord placed the letter in an envelope, and sealed it, setting it on the table. They'd see it there. Tord stood up, walking to his room, to pack his things.

After Tord had been long gone, one of the housemates finally saw the plain letter sitting on the table. It was Edd that saw it first. He was sad at first, but came to accept Tord's decision. Tom was slightly shocked to find out that Tord liked him, and was sad that he had left without telling Tom his feelings. Matt cut out the part of the letter that said he was great, and pinned it on his wall.

Every month or so, Tord would send postcards to the house from whichever location he was in. He almost always sent special letters or gifts specifically for Tom. Tom really cherished the gifts, and had them all placed in a small basket that he looked at daily. Tom had come to really like Tord because of his thoughtfulness, and his personality. Tom had eventually texted Tord's phone, and they talk almost daily, if Tord isn't busy. Almost like a long distance relationship.

One day, Tom was walking to the store. It was a regular, rainy Wednesday. Whenever Tom went out, he'd always keep an eye out for a familiar looking face. Although Tom always doubted Tord would be there, he still kept his hopes up.

Without Tom's knowing, Edd had planned a visit from Tord. Like a surprise. The plan was to make Tom go to the store, and Tord would be home by time Tom came back. There would be a small party, and they would celebrate being united before Tord would leave again.

Tord knocked on the door of the house. He waited for a bit, until Edd swung the door open. "Tord! Welcome back, I've missed you so much!" Edd said, hugging Tord. "Nice to see you as well, Edd!" Tord's accent seems to have gotten thicker while he was away. "Come in! Tom's going to love that you're here! I haven't told him you're visiting, because I want it to be a surprise." Edd explained, leading Tord to the couch. Tord smiled widely. "Sounds like a plan!"

Tom walked back home, bags of groceries in his hands. The rain had lessened by now, and all that was left was wet concrete, and the strong smell of rain. He opened the door of the house, and set the bags on the table. He kicked off his shoes, walking to his room. As he passed the living room, he saw somebody sitting on the couch. It took a moment to recognize him. "...Tord..?" Tom whispered hesitantly.

Tord turned around to look at him. He stood up, and hugged Tom tightly. "It's nice to finally see you, Tom." Tord said. Tom smiled, with inky tears formed in his eyes. "Tord, I can't believe it. I thought I wouldn't see you for at least a few more months." Tom said, never taking his arms off of Tord. Tord smiled, and placed a kiss on Tom's cheek. Edd smiled, leaving the room to give them some time alone.

Tom and Tord spent the next hour and a half catching up on what had happened while Tord was gone. Tord smiled, looking at Tom. "Tom, would you ever consider being my boyfriend?" Tord asked boldly. Tom looked at Tord, his face turning bright red, making Tord laugh quietly. "Well.. um. I-. Of course." Tom said, after a moment of stuttering. Tord laughed louder, and wrapped his arm around Tom's neck. Tom smiled. He was deeply in love with this dork.

"I'm going to have to leave again soon." Tord eventually brought up. This made Tom freeze. "W-what? You can't leave after asking me to date you!" Tom was kind of freaking out. He didn't know how easy it would be to maintain a long distance relationship now that they're actually dating. Tord frowned for a moment. "..why don't you come with me?" He asked, after a minutes silence.

Tom considered it. What would Edd think? Would he feel alone? Abandoned? He would have Matt to keep him company. Would that be enough? Would Edd feel betrayed by now two of his friends leaving? Edd would be alright.. Tom decided not to dwell on it. "Alright. I'm coming with you."

And so, they set off, to find their next adventure.