remeber that i love you

Based on the song "loose lips"
Warning: angst

Tord was not a happy person. Ninety percent of the time, he was either sad or neutral. Well, except for when he was with Tom. Tom was the light of his life. He was the reason why Tord was alive.

Tord was hanging out with Tom. They were in Tord's room, sitting on his bed. Tom was on his phone, and Tord had his head on Tom's legs, seemingly asleep. Tom was running his hand through Tord's hair. Those two could meet up, not say a single word to each other, and have a great time together.

Thiugh Tom thought Tord was asleep, he wasn't he was just sitting there, in the silence. He suddenly got up, and took Tom's hand. Tom looked at him, confused. Tord gave him a look that said 'trust me.' Tom nodded, and got up, following Tord.

"I wanna do something." Tord said, pulling Tom to the back yard. Currently, Edd and Matt were out somewhere together. Tord turned on the back porch light, lighting up the backyard to a good extent. Tord got a portable speaker, and set it on the ground. He turned on some soft music, and walked up to Tom. He dramatically offered his hand to Tom. "May I have this dance?" Tom laughed.

"Of course." He said, taking Tord's hand. They started to slowly dance, Tord smiled, twirling Tom around. Tom laughed, spinning. Tom hugged Tord, his laughter dying down to giggles. The music changed to the next song, which was more upbeat. They both knew, and liked the song. They started out as singing, and eventually, they started yelling the lyrics. They had to stop after a bit after they got yelled at by Edd, who had just gotten home.

They went inside, splitting ways into their own individual rooms. Tord sat on the floor, leaning on his door. He sighed. He went back to feeling sad, and hopeless as soon as Tom left. Tord knew that he liked Tom. A lot.

Tord shuffled over to his nightstand that had his cigarettes, and a box cutter. He lit the cigarette, and messed around with the box cutter, touching the sharp tip, and pressing his finger as far as he could onto the point. He broke the skin on his index finger. Blood trickled down his finger, as he inhaled the toxic air from his cigarette.

Tord went to his Spotify, and turned on his playlist titled 'suicidal hours :(' he set his head against his door, taking the cigarette out of his mouth, and harshly pushed it against the skin on his arm, on the inside of his elbow. He winced, not moving the hot cigarette until it had completely gone out. He rubbed his thumb over the mark lightly.

He then took the box cutter and thinly cut his arm. 'Do it for the living.' Another cut 'do it for the dead' blood dripped onto the floor. Broken hearts hurt, but they make us strong. Tears flowed down his cheeks, onto his hoodie. He sharply took breaths in. He just wanted to die.

The music on his phone stopped for a moment, and it dinged, signaling that he had gotten a text. He picked up his phone, seeing the text from Tom.

'If you want to burn yourself, remember that I love you.'

'And if you want to cut yourself, remember that I love you.'

'And if you want to kill yourself, remeber that I love you.'

'Call me up before you're dead, we could make some plans instead.'

Tord weakly smiled, more tears dripping down his face. He took a shaky breath in, before he turned off the depressing music, and stood up, opening his door. Tom was sitting outside it. Tom looked up, seeing Tord standing there. He stood up, and wrapped his arms around Tord's chest.

"Are you okay?" He whispered quietly. Tord almost broke down again. He shakily took a breath in, squeezing Tom tightly.

"I don't.. I don't really know." Tom looked at the burnt out cigarette and the bloody box cutter. He kicked the box cutter away from them. Tom then led Tord over to his bed, and laid down, bringing Tord with him. They laid on the bed, facing each other. They didn't bother to pull the covers up.

"I guess I'm just going to have to make you okay." Tord looked at him questioningly. Tom gently kissed Tord's hand. Then, he kissed his forehead. Then his cheek, and finally he kissed Tord. Tord smiled into the kiss, and wrapped his arms around Tom. He just wanted Tom to be close to him.

They pulled away, breath gone. Tom smiled at him like a dork. Their faces were flushed. It was a bit embarrassing. Nonetheless it was nice.

"Are you okay now?" Tord snorted quietly.

"Well, I'm a bit better than before. Now I know that at least one person cares for me." Tom smiled and nodded, holding Tord close to him. Tom kissed the top of Tord's head. Tord smiled, putting his head on Tom's shoulder.

"I love you. Be kind to yourself." Tom whispered quietly into Tord's ear. Tom could feel Tord tense slightly. He then felt him shaking, and felt tears on his shoulder. He was crying again. But that's alright. Tom smiled, holding Tord tightly.

Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on.