old photos

Possible warning?

"I bet out of all of you, I was the cutest as a child." Matt bragged, smiling. Tom snorted.

"Okay, bet. You were pretty ugly as a kid." Tom snickered. Matt frowned, hitting Tom lightly on the shoulder. Edd laughed.

"Okay, how about we all get pictures of ourselves as kids? I'd say maybe six to seven years old." Tom shrugged and nodded.

Tord froze. He did not like how he was at all as a kid. He didn't like how he was at all up until the beginning of high school. He wouldn't want to argue about it, because then they'd ask why, and it would just be a whole big mess.

"Alright, I'm going to go find a picture then." Tom said, walking off into his room. Matt nodded, walking off as well. Edd smiled at Tord.

"Six or seven years old, Tord." Tord frowned, sulking off into his room. Maybe he could just pretend he couldn't find one? Or maybe he could use this as an opportunity to..

Tord pulled a box out from under his bed. Whoops, that's hentai. He pushes the box back under, and went to his closet. Maybe he genuinely couldn't find one. Then he found it. A box labeled 'Memories' he opened it, looking through all of the pictures.

He cringed when he saw himself at fourteen. He didn't look right. Tord dug further through the box, until he found a picture of him, at six years old. He stuffed it into his hoodie pocket sighing. Here we go..

They all got to the table, looking at Matt's picture that he placed on the table first. He had firey red hair, and he was smiling widely, a bandage on his face.

"See? Look at how cute I am!!" Matt exclaimed, smiling.

"I mean, you kind of looked like a gremlin." Tom said, looking at the picture. "Or maybe a dwarf."

"Yeah, you were pretty small." Edd agreed. Matt gasped, offended. He did not look like a dwarf, they were just being mean.

Tom put his picture on the table next. He was wearing a long sleeved yellow shirt, and overalls. He had a stuffed bear in one hand, and he was holding a pineapple in the other arm.

"Why do you have a pineapple?" Edd asked. It seemed kind of strange that a kid would be holding a pineapple. With glasses, too. There was fishing gear in the background.

"That was my dad." He said, smiling at the picture. "Yeah, he died, like thirty minutes later." They all looked at him. He was staring at the picture.

"Tom we talked about this, you can't just do that. Bring up something happy and ruin it with your dark past or whatever." Tom shrugged.

"Sorry." Tord had been strangely silent the entire time they were looking at the photos. He was fidgeting nervously.

"If your dad was a pineapple, what was your mom?" Matt asked. Tom smiled.

"She's a bowling ball. I have a picture of her, look." He pulled out his phone, showing them all a picture of a navy blue bowling ball. Tord shrugged.

"Makes sense." He said, quietly. Tom looked at him, confused. He mouthed a 'are you okay?' To him. Tord shrugged.

Edd placed his picture down next. He was holding an assortment of crayons. There were mediocre drawings on the walls.

"Even back then, I was quite the artist." He said, beaming. There was a drawing of what looked like a cat, but you couldn't be sure.

"I remember my mom would always yell at me because I ate the crayons sometimes." He said, chuckling. Tom nudged him.

"You were a stupid baby." He was smiling, indicating that he was joking. Edd laughed loudly.

"I still am!" Edd pulled his picture off of the table. They all looked expectantly at Tord. Tord frowned, furrowing his eyebrows with sadness and worry. He pulled the slightly bent photo out of his hoodie pocket, and set it on the table.

She had a large coat on, and there was snow in the background. She wasn't smiling. She was wearing a red dress that went to about her knees. She also had white leggings on. It seemed to be too cold to be wearing and outfit like that.

Her long hair was left on her shoulders. She still had those hair horns though. Tord looked at the picture. He hated it. He hated the picture so much. This was a terrible idea he should've just said that he didn't have any pictures.

They were all silent. Tord quietly pulled his hood over his head, tightening it slowly. He didn't want his friends to see the tears slowly streaking down his face.

"..tord?" Tom said, quietly breaking the silence. "You're trans aren't you?" They all looked at Tord. He had pulled his knees up to his chest. He had his arms crossed on his knees and his face hidden.

Tom stood up, hugging Tord.

"You know that there's nothing to be ashamed of, right? That's who you are! You're not a girl, you're a guy. Tord." Tom whispered to just Tord. Tord took a shuttering breath. He nodded silently against his arms.

Tord stood up, and went to his room to collect himself, leaving the picture on the table. The little girl standing there wasn't happy.

"I'm going to go check on him." Tom stood up, walking to Tord's room. He knocked on the door gently. There wasn't a reply. He opened the door quietly. He stepped in, sitting down next to Tord. He was looking at old photos. He seemed to be fourteen, and it was obvious in the photo that he was still a girl.

She wasn't happy in the photo. In Tord's other hand, he was holding a picture of him, but happier. On the bottom of the picture, was the number fifteen. His hair was cut short, and it looked like he was finally being able to be a guy.

Tord set the photos down, and picked up another one. It was Tord in a hospital bed, giving a weak thumbs up. There was a guy in the picture, not much older than Tord.

"That's when I had my top surgery. That's Paul. He's a good friend of mine." Tord said quietly. Tom put his hand on Tord's shoulder.

"What was your name?" Tord knew he was obviously indicating to when he was a girl.

"Tori." He hated that name. He hated everything about himself. He hated who he used to be.

"You've come a long way. You're not Tori anymore." He wrapped his arms around Tord. Tord did the same, putting his face on Tom's shoulder.

"Hey." Tom whispered quietly. "Hey, Tord. Guess what." Tord smiled, his eyes still filled with tears.

"What?" He whispered back.

"You're very handsome." Tord smiled wider, gripping Tom harder.

Tom called him handsome. Not cute. When people said he was cute, it made him feel like a girl again. He wasn't a girl.

Tord laughed, wiping away his tears. "Thanks."

"Don't ever forget that you're appreciated. We care about you, we don't care what gender you are. I will call you what you want to be called, and I'll respect you no matter what."

Tord smiled again, trying not to cry. Crying made him feel weak.

"Okay, I won't."

I had a lot of doubts about this chapter. I didn't want it to be offensive or fetishized in any way, shape, or form. If you're offended by this, I'm very sorry, please let me know.